3 Tiger cricketers in ESPN’s best players list
Published: 06:41 PM, 18 March 2019
Three Bangladeshi cricketers — ace all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, pacer Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and former national captain cum wicket-keeper batsman Mushfiqur Rahim — found the place of ESPN World Fame 100 sports personalities list.
The three Bangladesh cricketers along with six Indian stalwarts including batting superstar Virat Kohli have added another feather to their hat as ESPN’s released its World Fame 100 sports personalities last week.
The ESPN came up with the announcement of the sports personalities after conducting a research on 800 best players of 78 countries of the world.
Among the 100 players, only 11 players from cricket secured their positions in the list.
The 30-year-old Virat is in the 7th position after bagging the 11th position back in 2018.
However, Shakib, the experienced Bangladesh all-round cricketer, made his first entry and placed 90th in the elite list.
Apart from Virat and Shakib, nine more cricketers were named in the list. Among Indians, MS Dhoni (13), Yuvraj Singh (18), Suresh Raina (22), Rohit Sharma (46), Harbhajan Singh (74), Ravi Ashwin (42) and Shikhar Dhawan (94) also made their way.
From Bangladesh apart from Shakib, Mashrafe Mortaza (98) and Mushfiqur Rahim (92) made their first appearance.
Surprisingly, there wasn’t any cricketer from the other countries. The list is headed by Portuguese goal machine as well as Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 100 names were shortlisted from 800 of the biggest names in the sports fraternity from 78 nations.
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Traffic sergeant’s father files writ for compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- Drug peddler killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Suspended ACC director Basir held
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- WHO to work with DSCC in combating dengue
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- No cattle hat blocking roads: DMP Commissioner
- Books in hand, fear in mind
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha
- Farmers passing busy days in cattle fattening
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- How to get HSC result
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Humanity for animal !