3 Tiger cricketers in ESPN’s best players list
Published: 06:41 PM, 18 March 2019
Three Bangladeshi cricketers — ace all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, pacer Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and former national captain cum wicket-keeper batsman Mushfiqur Rahim — found the place of ESPN World Fame 100 sports personalities list.
The three Bangladesh cricketers along with six Indian stalwarts including batting superstar Virat Kohli have added another feather to their hat as ESPN’s released its World Fame 100 sports personalities last week.
The ESPN came up with the announcement of the sports personalities after conducting a research on 800 best players of 78 countries of the world.
Among the 100 players, only 11 players from cricket secured their positions in the list.
The 30-year-old Virat is in the 7th position after bagging the 11th position back in 2018.
However, Shakib, the experienced Bangladesh all-round cricketer, made his first entry and placed 90th in the elite list.
Apart from Virat and Shakib, nine more cricketers were named in the list. Among Indians, MS Dhoni (13), Yuvraj Singh (18), Suresh Raina (22), Rohit Sharma (46), Harbhajan Singh (74), Ravi Ashwin (42) and Shikhar Dhawan (94) also made their way.
From Bangladesh apart from Shakib, Mashrafe Mortaza (98) and Mushfiqur Rahim (92) made their first appearance.
Surprisingly, there wasn’t any cricketer from the other countries. The list is headed by Portuguese goal machine as well as Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 100 names were shortlisted from 800 of the biggest names in the sports fraternity from 78 nations.
- Heat wave may spread
- World Books and Copyright Day today
- Myanmar top court rejects Reuters journalists` appeal
- Sri Lanka observes 3-min silence for bomb victims
- Updating voter list begins today
- SL blasts: 40 suspects arrested, toll up to 310
- Zayan’s body to reach home tomorrow
- 10 dead, 30 hurt as Nigeria cop rams car into crowd
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- PM returns home today
- Tajikistan faces Mongolia this evening
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- 1,650 metres of Padma Bridge now visible
- Murder accused Jabed killed in Ctg gunfight
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Strong earthquake hits central Philippines, killing 5
- Sri Lanka blames Islamists for Easter attacks
- Bangladesh beat UAE by 2-0
- `Not possible to ‘restore’ democracy with Khaleda in jail`
- Shakib stays back in India to play IPL
- Tigers start World Cup preparation with 5 cricketers
- Sufferings due to load-unloading trucks on road
- Walsh tips Fizz for `big role` in World Cup
- RAKUB recovers Taka 200 crore in Boishakhi Mela
- PM calls Brunei to business with Bangladesh
- Garment worker found dead in Shreepur
- Boro farmers face losses in hailstorm
- Sri Lanka imposes curfew again
- Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit
- PM proposes formation of new regional economic forum
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Water transport workers’ strike detaches Bhola
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- Adele separates from husband
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- Team Bangladesh on ICC’s fb cover photo