294 programs adopted in Mujib Year
Published: 06:19 PM, 9 January 2020 Updated: 09:45 PM, 9 January 2020
The birth centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be celebrated as 'Mujib Borsho' from March 17, 2020, to March 17, 2021. On the occasion of Mujib Year 294 programs have been adopted at home and abroad.
Bangabandhu’s birth centenary celebration will start on his birthday, March 17 (tomorrow). To commemorate this birth centenary, the Mujib Year countdown will start with the fireworks on March 10, the homecoming day of Bangabandhu.
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Birth Centenary Celebration National Implementation Committee and National Committee to Celebrate Birth Centenary was formed on February 14 last year.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will lead the 119-member Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Birth Centenary Celebration National Committee. While National Professor Mohammad Rafiqul Islam and PM’s former principal secretary Dr. Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury have been made president and chief coordinator of the 79-member national implementation committee respectively.
The committee members include Bangabandhu’s younger daughter Sheikh Rehana, Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain, political personality, journalist and National Professors Anisuzzaman and M Rafiqul Islam, vice-chancellors of Dhaka University, National University, Jahangirnaagar University, Bangladesh University of Engineering Technology, Bangladesh Agricultural University and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University.
About 16 departments including the Cabinet Division, the Ministry of Public Administration, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Information are providing secretarial support to the Committee.
A total, 294 programs including short films, screening documentaries, introducing international awards in the name of Bangabandhu and Green Factory Award have been taken to mark the birth centenary of Bangabandhu at home and abroad.
There are initiatives for publishing memorial books in Bangla and English, and selected speeches of Bangabandhu in Bangla. Besides, there will be various programs including service and concerts.
The main event will be held on March 17 at Suhrawardy Udyan, with the government and heads of different states, contemporary political and social figures of Bangabandhu. The main event will begin at sunrise.
On this day, the program will start simultaneously in Tungipara of Gopalganj and Dhaka. The National Children's Day will be organized in Tungipara in the morning. Later in the afternoon, the main event will be held at the historic Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital. In order to publish the birthday anniversary, souvenirs, commemorative speeches, cultural events will be organized by local and foreign artists. Rally will be organized across the country on this day. All-important installations will be arranged, roadways.
A special session will be convened in the Parliament on March 18, so that invited guests from different countries will be present. Various events will be held on March 25, the Massacre Day and March 26, Independence Day. On April 17, Mujibnagar Government Day will be celebrated at Meherpur. The six-point day will be celebrated across the country on June 7.
The seminar will be held at the Rose Garden on June 23, the establishment anniversary of the Awami League. There will be a variety of events throughout the month of August, centered on August 15, the National Mourning Day.
Bangabandhu delivered his first speech in Bengal at the UN General Assembly on September 25, 1974. Therefore, the importance and significance of delivering a speech in Bangla by Bangabandhu at the United Nations on September 25 this year will be discussed. A discussion and seminar will also be held on the same day in Bangladesh. At the same time, the speech will be aired through TV, radio, social media as well as all over the country.
There will be various meetings, seminars, including jail day and intellectual killing day.
This time, Victory Day will be celebrated in a much brighter fashion than other times. Bangabandhu was given the title of Father of the Nation, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, on February 23, 1969. It is planned to commemorate that day in 2021. On that day, a meeting, cultural program, and exhibition will be organized in Suhrawardy Udyan. A seven-day program and Joy Bangla concert will be organized from March 7, 2021.
As part of the celebration of Mujib Year, initiatives have been taken to set up five Bangabandhu chairs abroad, including the University of London and Visva-Bharati University.
An initiative has been taken to set up the Bangabandhu Center at the University of Cambridge. In the House of Lords of the British Parliament, dignitaries will be invited to organize the birth anniversary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib and also to have a personal relationship with the Bangabandhu.
An initiative has been taken to set up the Bangabandhu sculpture at the Madam Tuso Museum and the UN Headquarters in London. There is an exhibition of paintings and photographs based on the life and ideals of Bangabandhu at the British Museum.
The Bangabandhu Fellowship and Internship Program will be launched at the United Nations Permanent Mission to Bangladesh. A short film and a video film will be made on a trip abroad of Bangabandhu. In addition to Bangabandhu, various exhibitions of audio, video and stills of seminars have been organized in different cities of the world. There will be civic gatherings in Tripura, Meghalaya, Assam and Shillong, India.
Apart from this, 100 trees will be planted in all the countries across the world under the initiative of the Foreign Ministry. A seminar on 'Bangabandhu and Bangladesh' is organized with prominent people in the United States. The seminar on Bangabandhu and the independence of Bangladesh are also organized at the South Asian Institute of Harvard University in May this year.
There will be seminars, discussions on Bangabandhu in various public universities, private universities in Bangladesh. Seminars, workshops, and discussion meetings will be organized on the brutality and confession of witnesses in the killing of Bangabandhu.
Amar Ekushey Book Fair - 2021 will be dedicated to Bangabandhu. Dhaka International Book Fair will be held in November on the occasion of its anniversary. There will be Jatra and folk drama throughout the country, 63 dances program will be organized at the district level. Two events will be held with a 3-hour manuscript from Bangabandhu's ' Osamapto Attojiboni' and 'Karagare Rojnamcha'.
Publications and international publications include the publication of 'Coffee Table Books Sheikh Mujib Life and Times' with pictures, sketches, and photographs in English. A Brief Biography of Bangabandhu will be published.
Books on Bangabandhu in different languages will be published. Besides, selected speeches of Bangabandhu, in addition to English, Hindi, Urdu, German, Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Korean, Japanese will be published. There will be one hundred publications based on Bangabandhu's biographical album, life, and action.
Cultural events, exhibitions, fairs will be organized at Bangladesh Embassy in different countries. Concerts will be held at Madison Square in New York or the Royal Albert Hall in Central Park and London inconvenient times. UNESCO will celebrate the birth anniversary of Bangabandhu.
Special International Scout Jamboree will be organized in Gazipur under the initiative of the Ministry of Education to mark the Mujib Year.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar