26th death anniversary of Zafar Iqbal today
Published: 03:31 PM, 27 April 2018
One of the most popular actors, musicians and freedom fighter in the golden period of Dhaka movie, Evergreen actor Jafar Iqbal. Today, on 27 April 1992, he died on this day. He was a popular actor of the eighties of the decade. His elder brother Anwar Parvez and younger sister Shahnaz Rahmatullah. They both are musicians.
Actor Zafar Iqbal popular filmstar from the time of the liberation war till the nineties. Shortly after his career, he became one of the most important figures of Dhaliwood. He became the centre of the audience after Khan Ataur Rahman`s `Apon Por`.
Iqbal learned to play the guitar in the 1960s. He formed his own band Rambling Stone in 1966 with two of his friends. The band used to perform regularly at the hotel InterContinental Dhaka. Music director Robin Ghosh hired him as a session guitarist for his upcoming film Pitch Dhala Poth. During one of those shows, director Khan Ataur Rahman met Iqbal and offered him work as an actor in a lead role for the film `Apan Por`
Zafar Iqbal has played in 150 films. Some of his notable films are `Apon Por`, ` Shadharon Meye `, `Eki Onge Eto Rup`, `Ferari`, `Mastan`, `Ek Mutho Bhat`, `Surjo Grohon`, `Fakir Maznu Shah`, `Noyoner Alo`, `Bodnaam`, `Abujh Hridoy`, `Bhai Bondhu`, `Shontrash`, `Chorer Bou`, `Obodan`, `Mama Bhagne`, `Shonkhonil Karagar`, and others.
Zafar Iqbal was a freedom fighter, artist, and a crazy lover outside the actress. Iqbal was married to Sonia. Together they had two sons, Shahdab and Zain.
Even though he was a father to two sons and was married, he was deeply in love with his co-star in more than 30 films – Bobita. His obsession for the alluring actress had become an open secret. To numb his pain, he started to drink heavily. It landed him in ICU once, where he famously asked the doctor after waking up: “give me a beer please.”
`Love` is a suicide thing, so Jafar Iqbal ends up being killed himself. At that time, song `Sukhe Thako O Amar Nandini` was a classic hit.
Meanwhile, drinking alcohol of a failed lover is an issue of an indispensable lover. At one time his heart and kidneys became out of order. The talented actor and musician died early at the age of 40, in 1992. He was laid to rest in Azimpur cemetery.
When his last film was released, a month after his death, the audience cried at the theatre, specifically when his character asked for directions to Azimpur. Strangely, it seemed, the character in the film knew about the actor’s impending fate.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus