26th death anniversary of Zafar Iqbal today
Published: 03:31 PM, 27 April 2018
One of the most popular actors, musicians and freedom fighter in the golden period of Dhaka movie, Evergreen actor Jafar Iqbal. Today, on 27 April 1992, he died on this day. He was a popular actor of the eighties of the decade. His elder brother Anwar Parvez and younger sister Shahnaz Rahmatullah. They both are musicians.
Actor Zafar Iqbal popular filmstar from the time of the liberation war till the nineties. Shortly after his career, he became one of the most important figures of Dhaliwood. He became the centre of the audience after Khan Ataur Rahman`s `Apon Por`.
Iqbal learned to play the guitar in the 1960s. He formed his own band Rambling Stone in 1966 with two of his friends. The band used to perform regularly at the hotel InterContinental Dhaka. Music director Robin Ghosh hired him as a session guitarist for his upcoming film Pitch Dhala Poth. During one of those shows, director Khan Ataur Rahman met Iqbal and offered him work as an actor in a lead role for the film `Apan Por`
Zafar Iqbal has played in 150 films. Some of his notable films are `Apon Por`, ` Shadharon Meye `, `Eki Onge Eto Rup`, `Ferari`, `Mastan`, `Ek Mutho Bhat`, `Surjo Grohon`, `Fakir Maznu Shah`, `Noyoner Alo`, `Bodnaam`, `Abujh Hridoy`, `Bhai Bondhu`, `Shontrash`, `Chorer Bou`, `Obodan`, `Mama Bhagne`, `Shonkhonil Karagar`, and others.
Zafar Iqbal was a freedom fighter, artist, and a crazy lover outside the actress. Iqbal was married to Sonia. Together they had two sons, Shahdab and Zain.
Even though he was a father to two sons and was married, he was deeply in love with his co-star in more than 30 films – Bobita. His obsession for the alluring actress had become an open secret. To numb his pain, he started to drink heavily. It landed him in ICU once, where he famously asked the doctor after waking up: “give me a beer please.”
`Love` is a suicide thing, so Jafar Iqbal ends up being killed himself. At that time, song `Sukhe Thako O Amar Nandini` was a classic hit.
Meanwhile, drinking alcohol of a failed lover is an issue of an indispensable lover. At one time his heart and kidneys became out of order. The talented actor and musician died early at the age of 40, in 1992. He was laid to rest in Azimpur cemetery.
When his last film was released, a month after his death, the audience cried at the theatre, specifically when his character asked for directions to Azimpur. Strangely, it seemed, the character in the film knew about the actor’s impending fate.
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- England wins beating Windies
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges