26th death anniversary of Zafar Iqbal today
Published: 03:31 PM, 27 April 2018
One of the most popular actors, musicians and freedom fighter in the golden period of Dhaka movie, Evergreen actor Jafar Iqbal. Today, on 27 April 1992, he died on this day. He was a popular actor of the eighties of the decade. His elder brother Anwar Parvez and younger sister Shahnaz Rahmatullah. They both are musicians.
Actor Zafar Iqbal popular filmstar from the time of the liberation war till the nineties. Shortly after his career, he became one of the most important figures of Dhaliwood. He became the centre of the audience after Khan Ataur Rahman`s `Apon Por`.
Iqbal learned to play the guitar in the 1960s. He formed his own band Rambling Stone in 1966 with two of his friends. The band used to perform regularly at the hotel InterContinental Dhaka. Music director Robin Ghosh hired him as a session guitarist for his upcoming film Pitch Dhala Poth. During one of those shows, director Khan Ataur Rahman met Iqbal and offered him work as an actor in a lead role for the film `Apan Por`
Zafar Iqbal has played in 150 films. Some of his notable films are `Apon Por`, ` Shadharon Meye `, `Eki Onge Eto Rup`, `Ferari`, `Mastan`, `Ek Mutho Bhat`, `Surjo Grohon`, `Fakir Maznu Shah`, `Noyoner Alo`, `Bodnaam`, `Abujh Hridoy`, `Bhai Bondhu`, `Shontrash`, `Chorer Bou`, `Obodan`, `Mama Bhagne`, `Shonkhonil Karagar`, and others.
Zafar Iqbal was a freedom fighter, artist, and a crazy lover outside the actress. Iqbal was married to Sonia. Together they had two sons, Shahdab and Zain.
Even though he was a father to two sons and was married, he was deeply in love with his co-star in more than 30 films – Bobita. His obsession for the alluring actress had become an open secret. To numb his pain, he started to drink heavily. It landed him in ICU once, where he famously asked the doctor after waking up: “give me a beer please.”
`Love` is a suicide thing, so Jafar Iqbal ends up being killed himself. At that time, song `Sukhe Thako O Amar Nandini` was a classic hit.
Meanwhile, drinking alcohol of a failed lover is an issue of an indispensable lover. At one time his heart and kidneys became out of order. The talented actor and musician died early at the age of 40, in 1992. He was laid to rest in Azimpur cemetery.
When his last film was released, a month after his death, the audience cried at the theatre, specifically when his character asked for directions to Azimpur. Strangely, it seemed, the character in the film knew about the actor’s impending fate.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh