Selection of nomination on Sunday
2,569 from 39 party in polling war, 498 as independent
Published: 09:06 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 09:51 PM, 30 November 2018
The final picking of candidates who submitted their nomination papers for the 11th parliamentary elections to contest for the 300 seats, is being started from Sunday.
The selection will begin on Sunday from 9:00 am till afternoon. Election Commission (EC) will finalize the candidate list.
However, the candidates who have been contesting in the election will have the opportunity to withdraw their candidacy till December 9. Later on December 10, the symbol will be allocated to them, after completing the list of candidates for 300 constituencies.
According to the Election Commission sources, a total of 3,056 candidates submitted their nomination papers to the Returning Officer’s office. Of them, 281 from Awami League, 696 from BNP, 233 from Jatiya Party, and 1,047 from other political parties. In total, 2,569 candidates are from political parties. And, 498 people have filed nominations as an independent.
According to sources, the two major parties of the country -- the ruling Awami League has given the nominations in 264 seats and the BNP which boycotted the 10th parliamentary elections has given the nomination in 295 seats.
Of these, 361 candidates in Rangpur division, 353 in Rajshahi, 351 in Khulna, 182 in Barishal, 236 in Mymensingh, 708 in Dhaka 708, 177 in Sylhet and 688 in Chattogram division, submitted the nomination papers.
The highest nomination papers have been deposited in Dhaka-8 seats, 22 candidates submitted nomination papers. And the lowest nomination has fallen to 4 in the Magura-2 constituency. Out of this, 39 have online deposits.
However, only 23 nominations have been submitted in compliance with the rules and regulations. The nomination papers of these candidates will be selected from Sunday.
All the 39 registered parties of EC have submitted nomination papers for contesting this election. Among them, Bangladesh Awami League (Boat)- 281, Bangladesh Nationalist Party-BNP (Paddy Sheath)- 696, Jatiya Party-Japa (Plow)- 233, Jatiya Party-JP (By-Cycle)- 17, Communist Party of Bangladesh-CPB (Scythe)- 77, Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal-BSD (Ladders)- 49, Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal-JSD (Torch) -53, Gano Forum (Rising Sun)- 61, Bikalpa Dhara Bangladesh (Kula) -37, Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Star)- 51, Islami Andolan Bangladesh (Hand Fan)- 299, Bangladesh Khilafat Andolan (Banyan tree)- 26, farmers Krishak Sramik Janata League (Towels)- 37, Liberal Democratic Party (Umbrella) -15 people.
Besides, the Bangladesh Sammobadi Dol-ML (Wheel)- 3, Ganotontri Party (Pigeon)- 8, Bangladesh National Awami Party (Bothy House) -14, Workers Party of Bangladesh (Hammer) -33, Zaker Party (Rose) -, Bangladesh Jatiya Party-BJP (Cart) -11, Bangladesh Tarikat federation (Flower Wreath)- 20, Bangladesh Muslim League (Hurricane)- 49, National People's Party (Mango)- 90, Jamiyat Ulama Islam Bangladesh (Palm Trees)- 15, Gano Front (Fish)- 16, Pragatisheel Democratic Party-PDP (Tiger), Bangladesh NAP (Cow) -4, Bangladesh Jatiya Party (Jackfruit)-13, Islamic Front Bangladesh (Chair)- 28, Bangladesh Kalyan Party (hand watch)- 5, Islami Oikya Jote (Minar) - 32, Bangladesh Khelafat Majlim (Rickshaw)- 12, Bangladesh Islami Front (Candle) - 21, National Democratic Party - JAGPA Hukka) -6, BP of Bangladesh Provisional Democratic Workers’ Party (spade) -30, Khilafat Majlis (wall clock) 12 persons have submitted nomination papers.
- Middle-Eastern expats ahead in remittance
- Indian troops kill 3 senior Kashmiri militants
- One raped every 16 min in India
- Russia deployed troops at Turkey-Syria border
- 156 officials promoted to addl secretary
- 2 MPs among 22 stuck in travel ban over ‘casino issue’
- 13-point demand: Cricketers in BCB talks
- Road Transport Act-2018 execute from 1st Nov
- Cricket crisis takes new turn as players place more demands
- Casino behind bKash service, 5 held in Jamalpur
- ‘Corruption will not be tolerated in any way’
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan placed on 5-day remand
- 7 mobile thieves held on swag share
- El Clasico rescheduled
- Apple to launch new AirPods
- Tigresses reach Pakistan
- Embassy Cup football tournament on Friday
- PM asks aviation authorities to ensure flight safety
- RUET admission test tomorrow
- ‘Education ministry urged to appoint key posts in universities’
- Crispy Papor
- Papon met PM and waiting for players at BCB
- Rumana Khan becomes mother
- Italian couple saved from landslide by their cats
- 39 bodies found in truck container
- ‘Dhaka International Folk Fest `19 to start Nov 14
- Sushmita Sen arrives in Dhaka
- Bangladesh like my own place: Ranjit Mallick
- Finally the ‘Tree Hunter’ woman detained
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Misa-Moushumi vows to stand together
- A year of eternal journey leaving ‘Silver Guitar’
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62