250-bed hospital now 150-bed!
Published: 10:14 PM, 22 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
The Jashore 250-bed hospital has now become 150 beds.
This condition has been created in the hospital after the announcement of abandonment of an abandoned building in the 100-odd bed eight months ago. Due to a building being unused, other buildings are under pressure and as a result, Patients have to suffer.
The 78-year-old Jashore`s 250-bed General Hospital has been announced to be abandoned eight months ago. In the 4th ward of the two-storied building, double occupancy of one hundred beds has been admitted.
On July 27, 2017, cracks and wall cracks occur on the roof of the building. When the panic became alarmed in the hospital, it was immediately informed to the Public Works Department. To avoid accidents, they placed bamboo poles on the roof of the building. Then on 8 August of that year, the ban was imposed by the Public Works Department and declared by the Public Works Department.
As a result, the patients in the building were removed from other places where male surgery, orthopaedic, gyne and female medicine ward were removed and placed in the next to the Patiya Kalyan Samity office. Now, these patients have to be stuffed in these places.
When talking with one of the patients relative, Asheron Nesa of Manirampur said she came to see her sister Bibiron Nesa. Asheron Nesa alleged that the doctors do not come here properly and there is a lot of mismanagement, and the patient is getting sick rather than recovering.
The status of the room next to the Office of the Patient Welfare Association is also the same. Patients who are lying on the floor in the row here. Mosquito-fly and cotta torture are inexhaustible.
In this ward, we also talked with Mizanur Rahman. He said he does not have the capability to take higher treatment; Otherwise, I would not have been here.
Meanwhile, the hospital authorities say that, without spending money behind the risky building reform, they favour the expansion of the mainstream. Letters have been sent to the health and family welfare ministry for approval.
On the other hand, Deputy Assistant Engineer of Public Works Department of JashorePublic Works Department, Tariqul Islam said, the time and money will be wasted if the construction of the new building is done in the place of abandoned building. Due to this, the hospital authorities sent a proposal to the Health and Family Welfare Ministry six months before the construction of the fourth floor of their administrative building. But there is still no response to this.
Hospital Director Dr Abul Kalam Azad Litu said, he recently joined in this hospital. However, he will try to ease the patient`s sufferings, he said.
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- British PM Boris Johnson remains stable in ICU
- 3 houses under lockdown in Cumilla
- Father-daughter killed in Jhenaidah road crash
- Nation ecstatic over arrest of Bangabandhu`s killer Majed: Tofail
- Coronavirus affected JnU student on recovery process
- US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigns
- Directors Guild stood by drama directors
- Workers killed as truck ditched in Sirajganj
- Farmer who died isolation ward tested negative for coronavirus
- 39 new suspects in Ctg. found negative for COVID-19
- ‘No legal bar to execute Majed’s death sentence’
- First coronavirus case confirmed in Araihazar
- Coronavirus existence not found in four samples of Narail
- One arrested with Yaba in Tangail
- Hotel owners jailed for disobeying ban order
- Sweeper dies with corona symptoms in Rangpur
- 39 of the 54 new coronavirus patients in Dhaka
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus