23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
Published: 08:57 PM, 23 February 2020 Updated: 09:57 PM, 23 February 2020
Today is 23rd February is the golden day for the Bengali nation. On this day in 1969, Father of the Nation Sheikh Mujibur Rahman has bestowed the title of 'Bangabandhu' by Tofail Ahmed.
Remembering the moment Awami League Advisory Council member Tofail Ahmed told Daily Bangladesh that Bangabandhu was humankind, a friend of the poor people because he loved the people of Bangladesh, he spent his youth in jail. He has repeatedly gone to prison and did not bow down even after embracing death. Today, Bangladesh developed so much because of Bangabandhu. He had originally planned for the development of the country. Bangabandhu's dreams and thoughts were for the sake of the people of Bangladesh, for freedom. Therefore, he planted the seeds of independence of Bangladesh through the language movement. After that, he gradually liberated Bangladesh by enduring torture at different times.
Tofail Ahmed said the Bengali nation is indebted to Bangabandhu today. I said this while standing at Suhrawardy Udyan on February 23, in 1969 - The Bengali nation owes you, we will never be able to repay this loan. The Bengali nation wants you to be a bit lighter by giving you the title 'Bangabandhu'. I said this while standing on the stage that day.
He said that the golden day for the Bengali nation is February 23. It's the best day in my personal life also. Today, the name of Bangabandhu is known to the whole world.
Tofail Ahmed said Bangabandhu is the greatest Bengali of all time. He has spent almost 14 years of his life in prison for earning the rights and independence of the people of Bangladesh. No oppression of the ruling party could suppress him. The great man was given the title of Bangabandhu on this day. That is why this day is an important day for the Bengali nation.
He says history speaks for a lifetime. History makes people think and its chase people. Every day's significant events take place in history. Those events take place in history - something good, something first, something that is a blessing-curse of human civilization. Bangabandhu was the leader of 6 points movement of Bengali Nation.
Meanwhile, Pakistani rulers imposed the Agartala conspiracy case by imposing false sedition against Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Sheikh Mujib was arrested. But the leader was never seen so disturbed. Everyone took the road to liberate him. Pakistan accepted the movement of the people. Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the leader of Bengali life, was released on February 22, 1969.
Tofail Ahmed, the then DUCSU's VP said, on February 22, we freed our loving leader Bangabandhu who subsequently became Father of the Nation and on December 16, we liberated the country under the leadership of Bangabandhu”. The next day, in front of a huge public meeting of 10 lakh people in Suhrawardy Udyan, Sheikh Mujib has bestowed the title of 'Bangabandhu'.
Recalling the event, a veteran Awami League leader Tofail said: “I chaired the function as the DUCSU VP and I addressed before Bangabandhu. I had said we are conferring Bangabandhu's title on our great leader who spent his youth in a Pakistani jail and who wanted to embrace death on the stage of gallows in smiling face.”
Since then, the greatest Bangali of all time has been known by that title which, in Bangla, means the friend of the people. This year the nation is going to celebrate the birth centenary of the great leader who was born at Tungipara in Gopalganj on March 17, 1920.
"I am proud to say that we have been able to implement both of our slogans," Tofail Ahmed added. One is to free Bangabandhu and the other to liberate Bangladesh, homeland. On February 22, we released our beloved leader Bangabandhu, who at the same time became the people of the nation. On the other hand, on December 3, we liberated the country under the leadership of Bangabandhu.
- 60 Australian newspapers to stop printing
- Canadian thriller ‘Corona’ touted first COVID-19 movie
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- BNP is not with people in coronavirus fight
- Legendary jazz trumpeter Wallace Roney dies of coronavirus
- Eight samples collected in Ctg, results afternoon
- Free Coronavirus test in DMCH, result in 3 hrs
- All Pohela Boishakh events cancelled
- Measures taken to meet milk, egg, fish and meat demand
- Coronavirus test in Rajshahi begins
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 6 in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus claims lives of two US activists
- Lata Mangeshkar donates Rs 25 lakh to fight against coronavirus
- Pak legend sportsman dies of corona
- Temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Worker killed in Satkhira road crash
- Holy Ka`aba Sharif Tawaf resumed
- Coronavirus is worst crisis since World War II: UN Chief
- 100 shops gutted in Khulna fire
- 3 new coronavirus patients identified, 54 in total
- Coronavirus alone took only 2.3 percent lives in Italy!
- Corona test at BSMMU begins today; result in 4 hrs!
- One more dies from coronavirus in country
- Buttler auctions WC final jersey to raise funds
- India coronavirus death toll rises to 45
- Lost beauty of Bandarban restored
- 5 correct rules for mobile charging
- Jamie Day to provide food for 300 helpless people
- Taskin’s father waived fare of all renters
- Newborn named `Lockdown`!
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Corona death surging to 19000
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- UN urges to ease sanctions against countries fighting COVID-19
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Prince Charles tests positive for Covid-19
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium