22 civilians killed in Syria by Russian-backed government forces
Published: 07:45 PM, 21 November 2019
Air raids and shelling by Russian-backed government forces killed at least 22 civilians and injured 44 in the rebel-held province Idlib of Syria.
10 children and 3 women were among the deceased.
Rescue team White Helmets said, the missile was loaded with "cluster bombs."
Bombing by the Syrian government and Russian forces of the last opposition-held pockets of Syria has killed 1,300 people and displaced almost 1 million more since April, according to monitors.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a ground-to-ground missile fired by regime forces hit a maternity facility at a makeshift camp for the displaced close to the border with Turkey.
Russian military aircraft also targeted the town of Maaret al-Numan in the south of the province, the Observatory said
The Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) said in a statement that the two missiles exploded 25 meters away from its maternity hospital, injuring four of its staff members.
The attack on the Qah maternity hospital marks the 65th attack on 47 health facilities in northwest Syria since the end of April 2019.
Russia has long been accused of carrying out attacks against hospitals and medical facilities throughout its involvement in Syria’s war.
Last month, the New York Times published a report looking into Russian air raids on Idlib over a 12-hour period, which found that the Russian air force repeatedly bombed hospitals in an effort to crush the last opposition-held stronghold.
- Bodies of Gazipur factory fire victims handed over to families
- Blankets distribution on Victory Day in Tangail
- 3 held with Phensidyl in Faridpur
- Notice show cause sent against Daily Sangram
- No compromise with anti-liberation forces’
- AL, front orgs pay tributes to Bangabandhu on Victory Day
- Protests over India`s citizenship law on 5th day
- Indonesia hits EU over palm oil case
- Obesity, undernourishment stalks world: report
- Asian markets struggle for traction, dealers await trade details
- 4 bodies identified burnt in Gazipur fan factory fire
- 1st ever Global Refugee Forum begins in Geneva
- 28 houses gutted in Rampura fire
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Victory Day
- President, PM pay rich tributes to martyrs on Victory Day
- Tigers’ wishes on Victory Day
- Millions of people pay tribute to the nation`s best children
- Victory Day today
- Hetmyer, Hope power Windies to 8-wicket over India
- Bowlers, Labuschagne fire Australia to easy win
- Boko Haram kill 19 Nigeria herders in clashes
- Tigers focus firmly on Test cricket amid BBPL festivity
- Housewife’s hanging body recovered in Ctg
- 6 dead in protests against Indian citizenship law
- 24 killed in DR Congo gold mine collapse
- Abid first to score Test and ODI hundreds on debut
- Bubly’s ‘Casino’ Challenge
- Foreign Friends of 1971
- Katabon Market catches fire
- Young found dead in Faridpur
- All News »
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Andrew Kishore dies; what the next
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Musician, vocalist Prithwi Raj passes away
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dies, aged 61
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Cardi B returns to court over strip club brawl allegations
- Air ticket at Tk 16 on Dec 16!
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Sanna Marin, world’s youngest-serving PM
- Gambia details mass rapes, killings in Myanmar
- 11 Australians missing in New Zealand eruption