21 lakhs SIMs closed in midnight last
Published: 11:51 AM, 26 April 2019 Updated: 12:37 PM, 26 April 2019
21 lakhs SIM of the country’s all operators were closed on Friday midnight. According to the pre-declared rules of Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC), the large number of SIMs were closed.
Sources informed the BTRC's instruction was that - more than 15 registered SIMs cannot be placed against the same national identity card. But it has been found that the number of SIMs registered in the same ID over 15 is 21 lakhs.
These SIMs were closed on Friday midnight. There are 4 lakh 61 thousand 261 grameenphone subscribers, 4 lakh 55 thousand 831 Banglalink, 4 lakh 19 thousand 202 Robi, 2 lakh 25 thousand 741 airtel and 4 lakh 87 thousand 892 Teletalk. Earlier, BTRC has instructed all operators to stop these SIMs by April 26.
Another source said the BTRC took the decision after meeting with all the operators of the country. According to that decision, the BTRC asked them to provide information about these sims and national ID card to the operators.
In the meantime, the operators informed the BTRC that they will reduce the number of SIM to 15 against each national identity card by contacting the customer on the basis of that information.
Hence, the BTRC declared to close all those Sim, and accordingly it informed all the operators to implement the directive by 26th April.
Regarding this matter, the BTRC chairman told the media, that the effort will be more customer friendly in the use of mobile SIM and this sector will be more disciplined.
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad