202 BAF peacekeepers leave for Congo
Published: 05:24 PM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 06:44 PM, 1 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) is going to replace its 3 contingents consisting of 358 members including 10 female officers at United Nations Peacekeeping Mission deployed in Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUSCO).
Presently 3 BAF contingents in DR Congo will be replaced by new contingents said an ISPR release here today.
As a part of this replacement 202 BAF members left Dhaka for Congo on Friday by UN-chartered aircraft. The rest contingent members will depart for Congo by phases.
These contingents of Bangladesh Air Force are comprised of Utility Aviation Unit-16, Air Field Services Unit-16, and Air Transport Unit-9 and led by Air Commodore S M Muied Hossain, Group Captain Md Readad Hossain and Group Captain Mahmud Mehedi Hussain respectively.
Bangladesh Air Force has achieved a good reputation and glory by performing their duties in mitigating conflict with efficiency, professionalism and sincerity in DR Congo.
Special munajat was offered seeking more excellence of the contingents in future at departure lounge of the Hazrat Shahjahal International Airport (HSIA) prior to their departure for Congo.
Senior BAF officers were also present at the airport during departure.
Earlier, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Masihuzzaman Serniabat briefed the contingent members at BAF Base Bashar on November 29 and offered special munajat for the success of the mission.
While addressing, Chief of Air Staff advised them to discharge their duties with honesty, professionalism, and sincerity and bring honor for Bangladesh Air Force as well as for the country.
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- War would mean ‘end’ of Iran: Trump
- Snatcher killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Today’s sports on TV
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- Simmons to step down as AFG coach after WC
- Exit polls says Modi could assume again as India PM
- Mobile banking transaction limit increased
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- PM host Iftar for freedom fighters and orphans
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- Pollard, Bravo named in Windies` CWC19 reserves
- Farmers face Tk 11,000 loss per Bigha!
- Security to be beefed up for Eid-ul Fitr: HM
- World Metrology Day tomorrow
- Setaria farming to increase fertility
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- How to pass 65 days?
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Second semifinal to be held at Edgbaston
- May plans ‘bold offer’ to get support deal
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Life-Changing Lessons from the Quran (Part-1)
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Quader returns home this evening
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader to join his office today
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg
- Tigers storm into final with emphatic win
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today