2 to die for killing Ex-Eden College teacher
Published: 09:25 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 09:25 PM, 29 November 2018
A Dhaka court on Thursday sentenced two people to death for killing former Eden Mohila College teacher Prof Ali Hossain Malik in the city in 2016.
The condemned convicts are domestic helps Sayed Fakir alias Saiful and Md Sujon. The court also fined them Tk 5,000.
According to the prosecution, Ali Hossain Malik, 65, who was working as the general manager of 'Syed Group' after his retirement, was found dead with stab injuries at his office on Road No-2 of Banani DOHS on October 11, 2016.
Victim's son Seyam Malik filed a murder case with Bhatara Police Station.
Later, police arrested the two domestic helps and driver Masud Mallik in connection with the murder.
In their confessional statement, the convicts said they killed Ali Hossain for money.
The court framed charges against them on June 11, 2017.
After examining all the records and witnesses, Dhaka Additional Metropolitan Session's Judge Court-1 Al Mamun handed down the verdict acquitting the driver.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC