2 to die for Kushtia Sohag murder
Published: 03:21 PM, 4 September 2019 Updated: 04:31 PM, 4 September 2019
The court has sentenced two accused to death and three to life imprisonment over Sohag murder case in Kushtia.
Judge Arup Kumar Goswami of Kushtia District and Sessions Judge Court passed the order on Wednesday morning.
Those who sentenced to death were — Nazmul, son of Ahad Ali of Ahmedpur village in Kushtia and Md Rony, son of Abul Kalam of Bheramara’s 12 miles area.
Those who sentenced to life imprisonment were — Md Rabbi, son of Ismail Hossain of Kushtü’s Chourhash area, Md Suja, son of Abdul Ajij of Kumargara area, Rafiq, son of Md Khalil of Chourhash Jame Mosque.
During the verdict, the death sentence convicted Rony was present, the remaining were absconding.
According to court sources, on October 9, 2002, the accused called Sohag, son of Abbas Uddin, from his home in Kumaragara area of Kushtia and murdered him over a mobile phone.
Later, Shahidul Islam, the maternal uncle of Sohag, filed a murder case against five people with Bheramara Police Station.
Police submitted the chargesheet to the court on April 30, 2017.
Confirming the matter, Advocate Anup Kumar Nandi Roy, a state lawyer and PP Advocate of Kushtia Court, said that the murder case was widely discussed and the prosecution got justice over the court’s verdict.
- Kurigram Freedom Day tomorrow
- Storm over new black hole issue
- China to invest $9.11m in Adamjee EPZ
- Portugal resists US appeal to bar Huawei from 5G network bid
- Anyone can donate kidney on humanitarian ground: HC
- Gazipur spinning mill fire doused
- ICAB arranges programme on business leadership
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- House will draft Trump impeachment articles, Pelosi says
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- DMP detained 49 in anti-narcotics drive
- ‘Government will take legal action against chaos in court’
- 9 killed in India’s Madhya Pradesh
- College girl dies in Gazipur train accident
- ACC recovers 125 sacks of rice in Cumilla
- E-Passport to be introduced on Dec 15: Momen
- 50 Yrs of naming ‘Bangladesh`
- Vice chairman’s three-storey house demolished
- 2 arrested with firearms in Rupganj
- 1 in 8 afford out for nutritious diet: Report
- 4 killed in Poland gas blast, 4 missing
- Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
- NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
- Do not waste the environment in courtroom; says CJ
- Youth killed at in-law’s house after love-marriage
- Suhrawardy`s death anniv observed
- AG minister wants to export agricultural products
- Fire in Tongi factory: 11-unit firefighter to douse
- Accused dies in court praying for bail
- Bridges on Bhola-Barishal route by 2025
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Singer Asif turns actor
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM opens 4 dev schemes incl 5 new ships
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight