2 new air bases to be built: PM
Published: 01:33 PM, 31 December 2017 Updated: 09:32 PM, 3 January 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said two new air bases will be built in the country, one in Barisal and another in Sylhet, to further strengthen the force and increase its capability.
The prime minister said this while addressing the President Parade of 74 Bangladesh Air Force Academy (BAFA) Course and Direct Entry 2017 Course of Bangladesh Air Force Officer at BAF Academy Parade Ground in Jessore on Sunday morning.
Expressing her firm optimism that Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) would be turned into a most modern air force soon, Sheikh Hasina said, "In terms of technology and strategy, Bangladesh Air Force will be established as a most modern, professional and all-round air force at home and abroad soon Insha Allah.”
Multirole combat aircraft, modern basic training helicopters, jet trainer aircraft, simulators, unmanned aerial vehicle system, long and short range air defence RADAR and medium range surface to air missiles are going to be added to the air force. Besides, the organogram of the air bases and headquarters was approved, the prime Minister added.
The premier asked the Bangladesh Air Force members to stay always ready for playing a role in any need of the country alongside safeguarding its (country) independence and sovereignty.
Sheikh Hasina also directed the newly-commissioned air force officers. She said, "You`re the children of the country and never think yourselves isolated from the common people ... you`ll always try to bring smiles on their faces."
After reaching Jessore in the morning, Sheikh Hasina attended the President Parade-2017 at the BAF Base Matiur Rahman around 11 am. On her arrival at the venue, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Abu Esrar and Commandant of BAF Academy Air Commodore ASM Fakhrul Islam received the premier.
Later, the premier reviewed the smartly turned-out parade and took salute at an impressive march past as the chief guest while she also handed over trophies, certificates and flying badges among the flight cadets.
Flight Cadet Academy Under Officer Ahmad Musa commanded the parade, which was followed by a spectacular fly past of different BAF aircraft.
The program was also attended by ministers, parliament members, army and navy chiefs, diplomats, senior civil and military officials, distinguished people in the region and guardians of the flight cadets.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves