2 new air bases to be built: PM
Published: 01:33 PM, 31 December 2017 Updated: 09:32 PM, 3 January 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said two new air bases will be built in the country, one in Barisal and another in Sylhet, to further strengthen the force and increase its capability.
The prime minister said this while addressing the President Parade of 74 Bangladesh Air Force Academy (BAFA) Course and Direct Entry 2017 Course of Bangladesh Air Force Officer at BAF Academy Parade Ground in Jessore on Sunday morning.
Expressing her firm optimism that Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) would be turned into a most modern air force soon, Sheikh Hasina said, "In terms of technology and strategy, Bangladesh Air Force will be established as a most modern, professional and all-round air force at home and abroad soon Insha Allah.”
Multirole combat aircraft, modern basic training helicopters, jet trainer aircraft, simulators, unmanned aerial vehicle system, long and short range air defence RADAR and medium range surface to air missiles are going to be added to the air force. Besides, the organogram of the air bases and headquarters was approved, the prime Minister added.
The premier asked the Bangladesh Air Force members to stay always ready for playing a role in any need of the country alongside safeguarding its (country) independence and sovereignty.
Sheikh Hasina also directed the newly-commissioned air force officers. She said, "You`re the children of the country and never think yourselves isolated from the common people ... you`ll always try to bring smiles on their faces."
After reaching Jessore in the morning, Sheikh Hasina attended the President Parade-2017 at the BAF Base Matiur Rahman around 11 am. On her arrival at the venue, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Abu Esrar and Commandant of BAF Academy Air Commodore ASM Fakhrul Islam received the premier.
Later, the premier reviewed the smartly turned-out parade and took salute at an impressive march past as the chief guest while she also handed over trophies, certificates and flying badges among the flight cadets.
Flight Cadet Academy Under Officer Ahmad Musa commanded the parade, which was followed by a spectacular fly past of different BAF aircraft.
The program was also attended by ministers, parliament members, army and navy chiefs, diplomats, senior civil and military officials, distinguished people in the region and guardians of the flight cadets.
- Made in Bangladesh’ expo in Qatar from Jan 28
- Telenor drops Huawei for Ericsson in 5G contract
- Boucher named South Africa head coach
- Queen Elizabeth looking for social media expert
- Homemade natural ‘Body Lotion’
- Sylhet Thunder’s losing streak continues in BBPL
- Six essential tips for bride
- ERC condemns Suu Kyi
- Salah double seals Liverpool win over Watford
- Zia was Moshtaque’s most trusted man: PM
- Traffic direction for Dhaka bound vehicles on Dec 16
- Razakars list to be released Sunday
- RAB-10 detained 2 with Yaba
- Security beefed up for Victory Day celebration
- Victory day traffic guidelines in capital
- Fire erupting from manhole in Dhaka
- No player will be forced to tour Pakistan: Papon
- ‘Stern curbing if chaos created for Khaleda’s bail’
- Bangladesh satisfies over Gambia’s efforts
- Three dead in Nepal bomb blast
- Navy ships to remain open for all on Victory Day
- PIB organizes dialogues on women and children
- Sabina Yasmin’s new song on Victory Day
- 2 arrested with 6 stolen CNG auto-rickshaws
- Martyr intellectuals showed us the way: Humayun
- JaPa paid homage to martyred intellectuals
- Riyad hails Shakib as a ‘player of one generation’
- China’s 5G handsets shipments top 5 mln in November
- AL pays homage to martyred intellectuals
- Saudi strives to develop secrete relations with Iran; reports WSJ
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed receives Nobel Peace Prize
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- ‘Myanmar’s Rohingya repatriation promise a fraudulent act’
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- 500-yr-old eggs found unbroken in Chinese tomb
- Myanmar army chief’s Facebook account suspended
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- At top court, Myanmar urged to `stop genocide of own people`
- Padma Bridge 2.7-km visible now
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Myanmar fails to provide evidence to defend genocide charge
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash