2 murdered in Satkhira, Jashore
Published: 05:30 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 05:30 PM, 29 November 2018
Two people were murdered in separate incidents in Satkhira and Jashore districts on Thursday.
In Satkhira, Haripad Sarker, 45, son of Tarapad Sarker and a worker of a fish enclosure, was killed following a fistfight with his another worker at the enclosure of Golakhali village in Shyamnagar upazila around 10:30am.
Anisur Rahman, officer-in-charge (Investigation) of Shyamnagar Police Station, said workers Haripad and Ujjal Mondal locked into an altercation at the enclosure and they started to hit and punch each other.
At one stage, Haripad collapsed on the ground and died on the spot, he said.
Later, Ujjal fled the scene.
On information, police recovered the body.
In Jashore, Pappu, 22, son of Zillur Rahman, was stabbed to death and his elder brother Dipu sustained injuries in an attack at Boro Bazar Katherpool area of the district town in the afternoon.
Victim's family members claimed that Dipu, who has a mobile recharge shop, had been at loggerheads with Apu, son of Hobi, over his dues.
Apu along with his associates Azgar and Akhter attacked Dipu's shop around 12:30pm and stabbed him, leaving him injured.
As Pappu came to the rescue of his brother, the attackers also stabbed him.
The two injured were taken to Jashore General Hospital where doctors declared Pappu dead.
Apurba Hasan, officer-in-charge of Kotwali Police Station, said they were trying to arrest the killers.
- Abdul Mannan’s namaz-e-janaza on Monday
- Picnic bus fell into ditch injures 30 in Cox’s Bazar
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- Hero Alam wants to marry Popy!
- After bushfires, Australia now deals with floods!
- World’s shortest man Khagendra Thapa dies at 27
- Obaidul Quader mourns death of MP Mannan
- 560-pound IS leader ‘Jabba the Jihadi’ captured in Iraq
- U-19 World Cup: Aus faces WI today
- PM mourns death of MP Mannan
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Rajshahi lift BPL crown
- Countrymen living in peace: IGP
- Putin to attend Libya peace conference
- Mushfiqur refuses to tour Pakistan for T20Is
- Private car driver killed in Narsingdi road mishap
- Reunion of Psychology dept begins in RU
- Rajshahi post 170 in BPL final against Khulna
- Anwar succeeds in Squash farming
- 6 held in Naogaon anti-narcotics drive
- ‘He just want to avoid his duty’
- Young Tigers` World Cup mission starts tomorrow
- Doyel’s ‘Toshok’ Int’l Film Festival
- Businessman killed in Rajshahi road crash
- 3 detained in Akhaura with yaba tablet
- Khulna obt to bowl in BPL final
- Huawei launches 5G smartphone in Kuwait
- Youth crushed under train at Pubail
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- All News »
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- ‘Unintentionally’ shot down Ukrainian jetliner: Iran
- PM mourns death of Oman Sultan
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Asia’s most costly cricket stadium to be built in Bangladesh!
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Country shivers as 4th cold wave of season begins
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Oman Sultan Qaboos dies at 79
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Reaction of Canadian PM after Iran admitting mistake
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- Teachers-guardians’ help for cheat in exam shameful: President
- Heitham Bin Tariq sworn in as Oman’s new Sultan
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- Thousands of devotees walking to Turag
- Khulna Tigers opt to bowl to ensure top in BPL
- 11 killed in US storm-flood