2 murdered in Satkhira, Jashore
Published: 05:30 PM, 29 November 2018 Updated: 05:30 PM, 29 November 2018
Two people were murdered in separate incidents in Satkhira and Jashore districts on Thursday.
In Satkhira, Haripad Sarker, 45, son of Tarapad Sarker and a worker of a fish enclosure, was killed following a fistfight with his another worker at the enclosure of Golakhali village in Shyamnagar upazila around 10:30am.
Anisur Rahman, officer-in-charge (Investigation) of Shyamnagar Police Station, said workers Haripad and Ujjal Mondal locked into an altercation at the enclosure and they started to hit and punch each other.
At one stage, Haripad collapsed on the ground and died on the spot, he said.
Later, Ujjal fled the scene.
On information, police recovered the body.
In Jashore, Pappu, 22, son of Zillur Rahman, was stabbed to death and his elder brother Dipu sustained injuries in an attack at Boro Bazar Katherpool area of the district town in the afternoon.
Victim's family members claimed that Dipu, who has a mobile recharge shop, had been at loggerheads with Apu, son of Hobi, over his dues.
Apu along with his associates Azgar and Akhter attacked Dipu's shop around 12:30pm and stabbed him, leaving him injured.
As Pappu came to the rescue of his brother, the attackers also stabbed him.
The two injured were taken to Jashore General Hospital where doctors declared Pappu dead.
Apurba Hasan, officer-in-charge of Kotwali Police Station, said they were trying to arrest the killers.
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- ‘Chemical’ evidence found in Churihatta fire incident
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- Chelsea banned from signing new players
- W.House to keep 200 troops in Syria
- Kartoa Valley land more fertile for tea cultivation: Experts
- Pres at doa for Chawkbazar victims
- DNA samples collected to identify charred bodies
- `Govt instructs to shift godowns from old Dhaka`
- Saudi crown prince meets Chinese president, bags oil deal
- 80 grave ready in Azimpur
- Venezuela seals border
- Unknown panic in Bilchandak!
- Mosquitos killed more humans than all wars
- Dipu Moni emphasizes on lifelong learning for sustainable dev
- No gate keeper in rail crossing
- 7.5 quake hits Peru-Ecuador border
- World`s largest bee found in INDO
- Youth hacked dead in Gazipur
- Chawkbazar fire: Chandpur`s 2 dead
- Kulkhani and Doa Mahfil tomorrow
- ‘Uro Megher Boshonto’ of Nilanjana Neela
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP