2 more died from coronavirus, taking total to 8
Published: 12:15 PM, 4 April 2020 Updated: 12:17 AM, 5 April 2020
Director of the Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) Prof Meerjady Sabrina Flora briefing press through online
Two more people have died from coronavirus in the last 24 hours, taking the total death toll to eight in the country.
Director of the Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) Prof Meerjady Sabrina Flora came up with the information at a regular press briefing at IEDCR office through online at around 12:15 pm on Saturday.
Besides, nine more people have been diagnosed with coronavirus, said Dr Flora, adding that with this, the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases has increased to 70 in the country.
The IEDCR director said that the sample of 553 people has been tested in the last 24 hours. Nine of them tested positive for the deadly virus. Alone IEDCR tested the sample of eight of the nine fresh coronavirus patients. Meanwhile, 30 of the coronavirus patients have recovered.
The coronavirus, that first reported in China late last year, is now affecting 205 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances. As of Saturday noon, a total of 1,098,762 people have been diagnosed with the virus worldwide, as the death toll rises to 59,172 while 228,923 patients have recovered.
More than a third of the world's population is now under lockdown as an increasing number of countries implement sweeping measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
To stop spreading the deadly coronavirus, the Bangladesh government on March 23 declared a nationwide 10-day holiday from March 26 to April 4 shutting down the government and private offices, excepting essential and healthcare facilities. Later, the general holidays was extended till April 9.
Apart from this, all educational institutions and coaching centres across the country have been closed till April 9. All have been requested to stay-at-home during the holidays unless they have a good reason to leave their homes.
- Coronavirus: Highest single-day record in Rupganj
- 30th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- CMP to launch Plasma Bank
- SSC results Sunday
- 6 countries allied with Bangladesh in COVID-19 fight
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Bank official’s body recovered 18hrs later since missing
- COVID-19: More than 9,000 recovered in country
- How to fight COVID-19 after May 30?
- Virtual Court: 20,937 bail order in 10 days
- Couple executed for violating quarantine in North Korea
- One-third COVID-19 recovered cops back to work
- Domestic flights from Jun 1: State Minister
- Bangabandhu Safari Park returns to life
- 5 policemen including OC contract COVID-19
- 23 fresh coronavirus cases recorded in Noakhali
- Warehouse official detained with 17 tons rice in Bogura
- Google`s new feature for handwriting softcopy
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- La Liga season would have ended if Real Madrid were top!
- World records 116,000 coronavirus cases in one day
- Rain likely to continue for 3 more days
- 27 more infected with COVID-19 in Barishal division
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers today
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Plasma Therapy: Experimental treatment begins in Khulna
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Offices resume from May 31
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- Power bill deadline extended
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow