2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
Published: 12:20 PM, 2 April 2020 Updated: 07:04 PM, 2 April 2020
Dr Md Habibur Rahman, director (management information system) of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS)
Two more new coronavirus positive cases have been detected in the last 24 hours in the country, said the Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR). With this, the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases has increased to 56.
Dr Md Habibur Rahman, director (management information system) of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) came up with the information at a regular press briefing at IEDCR office through online on Thursday.
He said that samples of 141 people have been tested and two of them have been found positive in the past 24 hours. One of them is aged 30 to 40 while and the other between 70 and 80.
However, no death from the deadly virus was reported in the last 24 hours in the country. Bangladesh has so far confirmed six deaths. Besides, 26 of the coronavirus patients have recovered and returned home. And remaining 24 coronavirus patients are being treated at the hospitals.
The coronavirus, that first reported in China late last year, is now affecting 203 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances. A total of 936,670 people have been infected and 47,259 of them died in the world so far from the virus.
More than a third of the world's population is now under lockdown as an increasing number of countries implement sweeping measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
To stop spreading the deadly coronavirus, the Bangladesh government on March 23 declared a nationwide 10-day holiday from March 26 to April 4 shutting down the government and private offices, excepting essential and healthcare facilities. Later, the general holidays was extended till April 9.
Apart from this, all educational institutions and coaching centres across the country have been closed till April 9. All have been requested to stay-at-home during the holidays unless they have a good reason to leave their homes.
- Moscow eases lockdown despite infections continue to rise
- 4 more tested coronavirus positive in Jamalpur
- Coronavirus global death toll tops 376,000
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- 17 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Former health minister Nasim tests positive for COVID-19
- 16 more infected with COVID-19 in Rangpur
- India expels two Pak diplomats ‘for espionage’
- Nasim hospitalized, sample collected for COVID-19 test
- Barishal reports 40 new COVID-19 cases
- Father, son among 6 killed in lightning strikes
- Litchi market inaugurated in Dinajpur
- Offices of edu insts can remain open
- Rupganj reports 60 new coronavirus cases
- ‘Pather Panchali’ comes in colour print
- Writ issued seeking license revocation of United Hospital
- Ex-DIG Bazlur Rashid denied bail
- Delhi border sealed for a week
- BMP`s Addl. Commissioner infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus infected cases surge 1000 in Cumilla
- ‘No more than 25% officers can hold office’
- Everyone passed from tea-seller Khaleq’s school
- Budget session can be covered from Songsad TV
- Social distance not obeyed at Chandpur launch ghat
- Ovishar Cinema Hall at Tikatuli being demolished
- Sabbir denies allegation of harassing RCC cleaner
- Father and son killed in lightning
- Horn on duckling’s head stir in Pirgachha
- 112 overcome COVID-19 in Chakaria last month
- Tamim becomes WFP`s goodwill ambassador
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Offices resume from May 31
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Mahathir expelled from party
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- One dies, nine more test positive for coronavirus in Bhola
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya