2 drug traders killed in Teknaf gunfights
Published: 09:37 AM, 20 October 2019 Updated: 01:48 PM, 20 October 2019
Two drug traders were killed in separate gunfights with police and the members of Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) in Teknaf Upazila of Cox's Bazar early Sunday.
The deceased were identified as Md Aziz, 24, son of Saleh Ahmed of Dailpara, and Md Rahim Uddin Prakash (Rafik), son of Abdul Jalil Ahmed of Kananjar Para of Howakyang UP of the Upazila.
Three policemen and two BGB members were injured in the incidents.
Pradip Kumar Das, Officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station, said they arrested Aziz around 9:00 pm on Saturday. Later around 12:30 am, the law enforcers went on a drive along with him at Maheshkhali Noughat to recover Yaba and firearms.
As soon as they reached the area, Aziz’s cohorts opened fire on them forcing police to fire back. At that time, three policemen were injured.
After the gunfight, Aziz was found lying on the ground in an injured condition and taken to Teknaf Health Complex where doctors referred him to Sadar Hospital for better treatment. Later, he was taken to the district hospital, where doctor declared him dead. The body was kept at the hospital morgue.
Police recovered a gun, seven bullets and 3,000 Yaba pills from the spot.
Meanwhile, Teknaf BGB-2 Battalion Captain Lieutenant Colonel Foysal Hasan Khan said
that a special patrol team of the Unchiprang BOP conducted a raid in Madinahjora area early Sunday.
At one stage, when the BGB men noticed that some 4-5 people were crossing the river by a boat, they challenged them. Sensing danger, the yaba traders opened fire on them, forcing the BGB members to fired back for self-defense, triggering the gunfight. Two BGB members were injured in the attack.
After the gunfight, Rahim was found lying on the ground in an injured condition and taken to Teknaf Health Complex. Later, he was taken to Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital for better treatment, where doctor declared him dead. The body was kept at the hospital morgue.
60,000 pieces of Yaba tablets, a local gun, three rounds of cartridges and two sharp weapons were recovered from the spot.
- Ethiopia to unveil referendum results on new state on Saturday
- Road accidents kill 2 in Ctg
- Probe body formed over Munshiganj road crash
- NU 1st year degree exams to begin Nov 24
- Parash to be the chairman of Jubo League!
- Helper killed in Cumilla bus-pickup collision
- MP Bubly expelled from Awami League
- Kohli, bowlers put India in command
- Ebadat removes Pujara, 3 down for India
- 18 held for giving proxy in NSI recruitment test
- ‘Unnecessary’ overseas tours of govt officers
- BNP`s movement issue no more exists: Quader
- DU to introduce online service on Dec 1
- Bus service resumes in Jashore
- ‘Violent conflict likely if Rohingya crisis not resolved’
- Concussed Liton, Nayeem replaced by Miraz, Taijul
- New onion in the market for Tk 60
- Let`s make healthy ‘Spinach-mushrooms’
- Syria war kills 29,000 children
- 21 yrs old become the youngest judge in India
- Munshiganj fatal road crash: Identity of 9 found
- Female UP member occupied farmer’s land
- Bangladesh’s first concussion replacement in test cricket
- Fatal road crash in Munshiganj leaves 10 dead
- Ishant takes a fifer, Bangladesh all out for 106
- Global participants showcase community health workers’ role
- Colombia anti-government protesters clash with police
- Historic Shat Gombuj Masjid increases revenue income
- 559 dengue patients hospitalized in country
- 70 gold bars seized at Ctg airport
- All News »
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- International Men’s Day today
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft
- 5 dead in Bolivia clashes challenging interim govt
- Delightful 2nd day of Dhaka Int’l Folk fest today
- 2.5-km to be visible
- PM joins gleaming Dubai air show
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
- Nusrat Jahan at ICU