2 burnt to death as fire guts market in Shariatpur
Published: 08:17 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 08:17 PM, 30 November 2018
Two Shopkeepers were burnt to death as a market was gutted in a fire in Shariatpur.
The tragic incident took place around 5:00 am on Friday morning when they were sleeping inside a sweet shop at Palong Uttar Bazar.
Deceased Palash Bairagi, 25, son of Rupchand Bairagi and Bishwajit Sarker, 19, son of Rabindranath Sarker, were residents of Kamlapur village under Madaripur’s Rajoir upazila.
Confirming the incident, Upazila Nirbahi Officer of Shariatpur Sadar Md Mahbubur Rahman Sheikh said, “The damage caused by the fire was yet to be determined”.
The bodies were sent to Shariatpur General Hospital morgue for autopsy, he said.
ABM Momtaj Uddin, assistant director of Shariatpur Fire Service and Civil Defence, said, “Shariatpur firefighting unit doused the fire after one hour of their frantic effort”.
The cause of the fire could not be known immediately, however, locals suspected it might have originated from an electric short circuit.
- Fishing banned in Kaptai for 3 months
- Superbugs linked to 80% deaths in Bangladeshi ICUs
- Slower internet for seven days more
- Rana’s bail remain suspend in double murder case
- RK Mission`s disputed teacher expelled
- PM leaves Brunei for home
- Vinicius is finally set to return to action
- Woe to 6 upazilas for Rangamati launch shutdown
- Parliament session begin tomorrow
- Brunei backing Bangladesh in energy sector
- Govt responsibility to ensure expatriates’ welfare: PM
- Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
- Sri Lanka detains Syrian in investigation of blasts
- Only one physician, but in training!
- Innovative child malaria vaccine to be tested
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- Probe report of Abrar’s case May 21
- Panic in class as beehives in school
- 20 gold bars worth Tk 1.15cr recovered at Sylhet airport
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Verdict on 2 Netrokona ‘Rajakars’ tomorrow
- Heat wave may spread
- World Books and Copyright Day today
- Myanmar top court rejects Reuters journalists` appeal
- Sri Lanka observes 3-min silence for bomb victims
- Updating voter list begins today
- SL blasts: 40 suspects arrested, toll up to 310
- Zayan’s body to reach home tomorrow
- 10 dead, 30 hurt as Nigeria cop rams car into crowd
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Water transport workers’ strike detaches Bhola
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- Adele separates from husband