Deceased Palash Bairagi, 25, son of Rupchand Bairagi and Bishwajit Sarker, 19, son of Rabindranath Sarker, were residents of Kamlapur village under Madaripur’s Rajoir upazila.
Confirming the incident, Upazila Nirbahi Officer of Shariatpur Sadar Md Mahbubur Rahman Sheikh said, “The damage caused by the fire was yet to be determined”.
The bodies were sent to Shariatpur General Hospital morgue for autopsy, he said.
ABM Momtaj Uddin, assistant director of Shariatpur Fire Service and Civil Defence, said, “Shariatpur firefighting unit doused the fire after one hour of their frantic effort”.
The cause of the fire could not be known immediately, however, locals suspected it might have originated from an electric short circuit.