Rajib-Dia killing case
2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
Published: 04:05 PM, 1 December 2019 Updated: 06:12 PM, 1 December 2019
A Dhaka court today has ordered the life imprisonment of three people including the driver of Jabal-e-Noor Transport in the case of the murder of two students of Shaheed Ramiz Uddin Cantonment College.
The convicts are two drivers Masum Billah and Zubair and driver's assistant Kazi Asad. The other accused bus owner Jahangir Alam and the driver's assistant Enayet were acquitted.
Dhaka Metropolitan Sessions Judge Imrul Quaish announced the verdict on Sunday.
Dhaka Metropolitan Sessions Judge Imrul Quaish fixed the day for declaring the verdict after the state and opposition arguments were presented on November 14. In the case, 37 of the 41 witnesses testified.
According to the case, on July 29, 2019, two students of Shaheed Ramiz Uddin Cantonment College named Abdul Karim Rajib (17) of the 12th class and Dia Khanom Mim (16) of 11th class were killed in bus rivalries of two buses owned Jabal Nur transport in MES bus stand when they were waiting in bus line in front of Kurmitola General Hospital on the capital’s airport road.
On the day of the incident, Mim's father Jahangir Alam filed a case with the cantonment police station.
- Mother, daughter killed in Faridpur fire
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Bangladesh to host Asia Cup
- NK Foreign Minister fired
- Drizzle likely in parts of country
- Cosmetics made with marijuana!
- Tigers Pak-tour homework begins today
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- 20 houses gutted in Ctg fire
- Verdict in CPB rally bomb attack case tomorrow
- Deadly virus’ outbreak in China, HSIA in high alert
- 60 Yemeni soldiers killed in Houthi missile attack
- Rohingya drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Man commits suicide killing 4 in Maulvibazar
- Bone-shaking winter again!
- 7 devotees die at 2nd phase Ijtema
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 2nd Phase Akheri Munajat today
- President asks NDC graduates to uphold forces image
- Kathbirali releases in Switzerland
- Traditional horse race in Madhupur
- US military dispatches over 70 trucks to Syria
- Woman crushed under train in Gopalganj
- Farmers worried of Boro cultivation
- Students to bear computers instead of books
- 10 pairs of marriage arranged Saturday at Ijtema
- World’s shortest man dies
- Bangladesh starts U-19s WC with win
- Wedelia can cure hair loss forever!
- 2 detained with yaba in Brahmanbaria
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Protests in Iran demanding Khamenei`s resignation
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked