2 Bangladeshis missing as two ships collide in China
Published: 12:55 PM, 7 January 2018 Updated: 01:34 PM, 7 January 2018
Image used for representational purpose
32 crew members, including two Bangladeshis went missing after a fire broke out in an Iranian oil tanker following a collision with a bulk freighter at eastern coast of China.
The other 30 crew members were from Iran. All 21 members of the Crystal`s crew, all Chinese nationals, were rescued.
Citing the Transport Ministry of China, country`s state news agency Xinhua published this news on Sunday.
In a statement the ministry said, the crew members of the tanker “Sanchi” were unaccounted for following the collision with the Hong Kong-registered freighter CF Crystal late Saturday.
The Panama-registered vessel was sailing from Iran to South Korea when it collided with the Crystal 257 kilometers (160 miles) from shore. The tanker was "completely lost to fire," it added.
Chinese authorities are carrying out a search and rescue operation for the missing tanker crew.
- 2 killed as truck hit motorcycle in Chapainawabganj
- Many places may experience drizzle
- 96 new coronavirus deaths reported in China
- Spinach dilutes blood
- Human trafficker killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Coronavirus kills six in Iran
- Zimbabwe stuck in 265
- Two universities fined Tk 10 lakh each
- Security around Supreme Court beefed up
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day