2 BAF training jets crash after collision
Published: 10:45 AM, 28 December 2017 Updated: 09:15 PM, 3 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Two training aircrafts of the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) crashed after a midair collision at Maheshkhali in Cox`s Bazar on Wednesday evening.
Pilots of the planes ejected safely, but five people were injured as they were hit by falling parts of the two aircraft.
Two Russian Yak-130 type BAF training aircraft collided in midair around 6:30 pm, said Rezaul Karim, Assistant Director of Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR).
He said, the two aircraft slammed on the ground following the collision. They were disconnected from the radar around 6:15pm, the army personnel added.
Rezaul also told Daily Bangladesh two pilots and as many copilots of the two aircraft were rescued although they suffered injuries. Two of them are BAF wing commanders while one is group captain and the rest is squadron leader. They were admitted to BNS Patenga Hospital. All of them were out of danger.
Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) M Afruzul Haque Tutul said the two aircraft crashed at the same time at a distance of four kilometers. One aircraft crashed at Putibila Yar Mohammad village in Maheshkhali municipality while another at Comboniapara under Chhoto Maheshkhali union in the upazila.
A Source said, an aircraft slammed on a paddy field partially damaging the kichen of Abdus Sattar at Putibila Yar Mohammad village, injuring three people. The plane also caught fire after the crash. On the other hand, three-fourths of another aircraft entered beneath the ground after the crash, leaving two people injured.
Manager of Cox’s Bazar Airport Sadhan Kumar Mohanta said the two training aircraft took off from Chittagong Airport. They were flying in Cox’s Bazar sky frequently in the afternoon. The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- Police arrested rapist in ‘hojur’ impersonation
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Light to moderate rain likely
- Paris waiter ‘shot dead over slow sandwich service’
- Woman hacked dead, husband held
- 7 killed after ferry caught fire off Indonesia
- 63 killed, 182 injured in Kabul wedding blast
- Dozens feared dead or hurt in wedding party blast in Kabul
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Momo stares in Hindi film!