Selection of nomination on Sunday
2,569 from 39 party in polling war, 498 as independent
Published: 09:06 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 09:51 PM, 30 November 2018
The final picking of candidates who submitted their nomination papers for the 11th parliamentary elections to contest for the 300 seats, is being started from Sunday.
The selection will begin on Sunday from 9:00 am till afternoon. Election Commission (EC) will finalize the candidate list.
However, the candidates who have been contesting in the election will have the opportunity to withdraw their candidacy till December 9. Later on December 10, the symbol will be allocated to them, after completing the list of candidates for 300 constituencies.
According to the Election Commission sources, a total of 3,056 candidates submitted their nomination papers to the Returning Officer’s office. Of them, 281 from Awami League, 696 from BNP, 233 from Jatiya Party, and 1,047 from other political parties. In total, 2,569 candidates are from political parties. And, 498 people have filed nominations as an independent.
According to sources, the two major parties of the country -- the ruling Awami League has given the nominations in 264 seats and the BNP which boycotted the 10th parliamentary elections has given the nomination in 295 seats.
Of these, 361 candidates in Rangpur division, 353 in Rajshahi, 351 in Khulna, 182 in Barishal, 236 in Mymensingh, 708 in Dhaka 708, 177 in Sylhet and 688 in Chattogram division, submitted the nomination papers.
The highest nomination papers have been deposited in Dhaka-8 seats, 22 candidates submitted nomination papers. And the lowest nomination has fallen to 4 in the Magura-2 constituency. Out of this, 39 have online deposits.
However, only 23 nominations have been submitted in compliance with the rules and regulations. The nomination papers of these candidates will be selected from Sunday.
All the 39 registered parties of EC have submitted nomination papers for contesting this election. Among them, Bangladesh Awami League (Boat)- 281, Bangladesh Nationalist Party-BNP (Paddy Sheath)- 696, Jatiya Party-Japa (Plow)- 233, Jatiya Party-JP (By-Cycle)- 17, Communist Party of Bangladesh-CPB (Scythe)- 77, Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal-BSD (Ladders)- 49, Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal-JSD (Torch) -53, Gano Forum (Rising Sun)- 61, Bikalpa Dhara Bangladesh (Kula) -37, Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Star)- 51, Islami Andolan Bangladesh (Hand Fan)- 299, Bangladesh Khilafat Andolan (Banyan tree)- 26, farmers Krishak Sramik Janata League (Towels)- 37, Liberal Democratic Party (Umbrella) -15 people.
Besides, the Bangladesh Sammobadi Dol-ML (Wheel)- 3, Ganotontri Party (Pigeon)- 8, Bangladesh National Awami Party (Bothy House) -14, Workers Party of Bangladesh (Hammer) -33, Zaker Party (Rose) -, Bangladesh Jatiya Party-BJP (Cart) -11, Bangladesh Tarikat federation (Flower Wreath)- 20, Bangladesh Muslim League (Hurricane)- 49, National People's Party (Mango)- 90, Jamiyat Ulama Islam Bangladesh (Palm Trees)- 15, Gano Front (Fish)- 16, Pragatisheel Democratic Party-PDP (Tiger), Bangladesh NAP (Cow) -4, Bangladesh Jatiya Party (Jackfruit)-13, Islamic Front Bangladesh (Chair)- 28, Bangladesh Kalyan Party (hand watch)- 5, Islami Oikya Jote (Minar) - 32, Bangladesh Khelafat Majlim (Rickshaw)- 12, Bangladesh Islami Front (Candle) - 21, National Democratic Party - JAGPA Hukka) -6, BP of Bangladesh Provisional Democratic Workers’ Party (spade) -30, Khilafat Majlis (wall clock) 12 persons have submitted nomination papers.
- 21 lakhs SIMs closed in midnight last
- 45 Bangladeshis rescued in Iraq
- Security heavy as Sri Lanka warns of further attacks
- Mother, son electrocuted in Chuadanga
- Taylor Swift to release new song, music video ‘ME!’
- Two pirates killed in Kutubdia gunfight
- Mother, grandmother hacked to death by drug addict son
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic today
- World Intellectual Property Day today
- Bangladesh faces Kyrgyzstan this evening
- PM to meet press on Brunei visit today
- Drug trader killed in Kushtia gunfight
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor
- Woe to 6 upazilas for Rangamati launch shutdown