1mn more jobs in ICT sector within 5 yrs: Palak
Published: 09:54 PM, 10 December 2019
State Minister for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Zunaid Ahmed Palak today said employment for 10 lakh more people will be created in the next five years through expansion of the Information and Technology (IT) sector in the country.
“Employment for over 10 lakh youths has been created in the country’s IT sector in the last 11 years after declaring the ‘Digital Bangladesh’ program. Expansion of the IT sector will create employment for 10 lakh more people in the next five years,” he said.
The state minister was addressing a press conference at the conference room of ICT Division in the city’s Agargaon area while disclosing programs of the ‘Digital Bangladesh Day-2019’ to be observed on December 12 across the country.
ICT Division Senior Secretary NM Zeaul Alam, ICT Department Director-General ABM Arshad Hossain and Bangladesh Association of Call Centre and Outsourcing (BACCO) President Wahid Sharif and other officials concerned were present at the event.
‘Digital Bangladesh’ is moving forward fast under the efficient leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasin, Palak said, adding that because of her firm commitment and prudence, Bangladesh is now the name of brighten example in IT sector across the globe.
‘Digital Bangladesh’ has got its complete shape with the directives of ‘Architect of Digital Bangladesh’ and Prime Minister’s ICT Affairs Adviser Sajeeb Wazed Joy, he said.
The ICT Division has taken various programs to observe the ‘Digital Bangladesh-2019’ across the country on Thursday with the theme ‘Verify the accuracy before sharing on the Internet’.
ABM Arshad Hossain said the day’s programs will begin with placing a wreath at the portrait of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in front of the Bangabandhu Museum in the city’s Dhanmondi area at 7 am. State Minister ICT Division Zunaid Ahmed Palak and ICT Division officials will be present on the occasion.
Later, a colorful procession will be brought out from the South Plaza of the Jatiya Sangsad (JS) Bhaban at 9 am. JS Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury will address the pre-procession rally as the chief guest. After parading different city streets, including Khamar Bari area, the procession will end coming at the same venue.
Besides, a concert will be held on the United International University (UIU) campus in the city’s Bashundhara area at 3 pm on the day.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan will be present at the program as the chief guest while Zunaid Ahmed Palak and Chairman of the Standing Committee on Ministry of Post Tele Communication and Information Technology AKM Rahmatullah will be present as special guests.
Along with bringing out processions, as part of the central programs, discussions, seminars, online presentation on Digital Bangladesh, essay, painting and quiz competitions will be organized at upazila and districts levels across the country.
Bangladesh missions abroad will also observe the day in a befitting manner.
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- 30 killed in Brazil floods and landslides
- Tabu gets 3 cr bucks for 15 minutes!
- Husband’s name ‘Hospital’ in voter list; wife becomes senseless
- 2 killed as truck rams auto in M’singh
- Mango buds in advance spring
- Barca beaten by Valencia in early blow for Setien
- Death toll climbed to 31 in Turkey quake-aftershock
- Facebook notification stopped
- International Customs Day today
- Real Madrid, Juventus, Man City, Man United to play today
- Car loaded with drugs sold at police auction
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 56 in China
- 31 fishermen murder accused killed in gunfight
- Hearing on writ seeking stay city polls today
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse