19th founding anniv of community clinic today
Published: 10:14 AM, 26 April 2019
The 19th founding anniversary of community clinic will be observed across the country on Friday.
After assuming the office in 1996, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first community clinic at Patgati of Tungipara in Gopalganj district on April 26 in 2000. Now, there are more than 13,743 community clinics in the rural areas of the country to facilitate the countrymen with healthcare services.
Rural people get 27 types of medicines and contraceptive items free of cost from these clinics.
On the occasion, various programs have been taken at national and district levels across the country, said health and family welfare minister Zahid Maleque at a press conference on Friday.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina gave separate messages on Thursday marking the founding anniversary of the community clinic.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said, “Community clinic is one of the ten special initiatives of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and the United Nations and other international organizations have highly praised this initiative as these clinics have been playing a significant role in reaching integrated health and family planning services at the doorsteps of rural people.”
“Currently, the community healthcare providers are reaching the health, family welfare, and nutrition services to the doorsteps of the marginal people across the country,” he added.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in her message said that the government so far has launched about 14,000 community clinics and plan has been taken to set up 4, 000 more clinics by 2022 to ensure healthcare services of the rural people.
“We have so far recruited over 14, 000 community healthcare providers. People took healthcare services by visiting these clinics over 85 crore times since 2009,” said the Prime Minister.
She said Bangladesh received international awards such as MDG Award, South-South Award and Navy Award in recognition of the success achieved in the health sector.
As part of the day’s programs, Zahid Maleque said Dhaka city will be decorated with festoons, posters, and banners. “Promotional audio and video will be shown at different places in the city including the SAARC Foara (fountain). Discussion meeting and rally will be organized on April 28 at all division, district and upazila levels, and community clinics,” he added.
Community Clinic Health Assistance Trust Board will organize a discussion at Krishibid Institute at 3:00 pm on April 30. Professor Dr. Syed Modasser Ali will chair it while health and family welfare minister Zahid Maleque will attend it as chief guest.
- Clash in Borhanuddin: 5000 sued in a case
- 6-10 Pakistan soldiers killed by Indian army
- Councillor Rajib placed on 14-day remand
- 30 killed as bus skids off road, bursts into flames
- 9 new HC judges to take oath today
- T20 WC Qualifier: Canada faces Nigeria today
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault