19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
Published: 08:16 PM, 25 April 2019 Updated: 10:56 PM, 25 April 2019
The 19th founding anniversary of community clinic will be observed across the country tomorrow.
After assuming the office in 1996, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first community clinic at Patgati of Tungipara in Gopalganj district on April 26 in 2000. Now, there are more than 13,743 community clinics in the rural areas of the country to facilitate the countrymen with healthcare services.
Rural people get 27 types of medicines and contraceptive items free of cost from these clinics.
On the occasion, various programs have been taken at national and district levels across the country, said health and family welfare minister Zahid Maleque at a press conference here today.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina gave separate messages marking the founding anniversary of the community clinic. In his message, President Abdul Hamid said, “Community clinic is one of the ten special initiatives of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and the United Nations and other international organizations have highly praised this initiative as these clinics have been playing a significant role in reaching integrated health and family planning services at the doorsteps of rural people.”
Currently, the community healthcare providers are reaching the health, family welfare and nutrition services to the doorsteps of the marginal people across the country, he added.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in her message said that the government so far has launched about 14,000 community clinics and plan has been taken to set up 4, 000 more clinics by 2022 to ensure healthcare services of the rural people.
“We have so far recruited over 14, 000 community healthcare providers. People took healthcare services by visiting these clinics over 85 crore times since 2009,” said the Prime Minister.
She said Bangladesh received international awards such as MDG Award, South-South Award and Navy Award in recognition of the success achieved in the health sector.
As part of the day’s programs, Zahid Maleque said Dhaka city will be decorated with festoons, posters and banners. Promotional audio and video will be shown at different places in the city including the SAARC Foara (fountain). Discussion meeting and rally will be organized on April 28 at all division, district and upazila levels and community clinics, he added.
Community Clinic Health Assistance Trust Board will organize a discussion at Krishibid Institute at 3pm on April 30. Professor Dr. Syed Modasser Ali will chair it while health and family welfare minister Zahid Maleque will attend it as chief guest.
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad