19 areas of corruption identified in aviation
Published: 10:25 AM, 4 March 2019 Updated: 10:38 AM, 4 March 2019
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) identified 19 areas of corruption in Biman Bangladesh Airlines and Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (Caab).
Identifying the areas of corruption, the Commission also put forward a number of recommendations combat the issue.
ACC Commissioner Dr Mozammel Haque Khan handed over a report, prepared by an ACC institutional team, on corruption and irregularities in Biman and Caab to State Minister for Civil Aviation and Tourism M Mahbub Ali at his office in Dhaka on Sunday.
The ACC team identified corruption and irregularities in eight areas of the national flag carrier, including aircraft purchase and lease, maintenance, ticket sales, cargo export-import and catering.
The other 11 areas of corruption in Caab include maintenance, repair, purchase, property management, construction, development work, appointment of consultants, recruitment of staff, promotions and transfers, lease of airport spaces, and stalls and billboard fare.
The ACC has formed 25 institutional teams to identify reasons of corruption and harassment in as many organisations and place suggestions to end the menace.
Speaking on the occasion, the state minister warned of tough action against corruption.
“None will be spared, who are engaging in corruption and neglecting their duties will face stern consequences,” he said.
- 200 yrs old silver coins recovered from abandoned house
- Delhi clash: Death toll rises to 13
- Housewife committed suicide in Pirojpur
- Average life expectancy will be 80 by 2041
- Principal among 4 held for killing madrasa girl after rape
- $3 billion defense deal signed between US and India
- Deputy Health Minister of Iran contracts coronavirus
- Pranab, Bidhya Devi to address JS special session
- Realme launches ‘Made in Bangladesh’ phone
- `Maldives` experience should be utilized in tourism development`
- Pilkhana Tragedy: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 2 pharmacies fined Tk 50,000 in Brahmanbaria
- Women dies in police custody
- Fraud smugglers detained with fake gold
- Japan to give more $ 10.7 million to aid Rohingya
- ‘No shortage in coronavirus test kits’
- Foods to take after exercise to reduce weight
- 6 Indian SC judges infected with swine flu
- Yellow buds enhancing beauty in trees
- CSE gets new chairman
- 4 killed in Lakshmipur car-auto rickshaw collision
- BKMEA members to get loan $ 20 million
- Loan at 9pc interest from April 1
- How to know PEC and Ebtedayee scholarship result
- 5th BCL title for South Zone
- Youth stabbed for only Tk 300!
- ‘License to be required for broadcasting foreign serials’
- 20kg weed recovered in Habiganj
- 50 injured in clash over tk 5 fare
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- HSBC to cut 35,000 jobs
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test