19 areas of corruption identified in aviation
Published: 10:25 AM, 4 March 2019 Updated: 10:38 AM, 4 March 2019
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) identified 19 areas of corruption in Biman Bangladesh Airlines and Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (Caab).
Identifying the areas of corruption, the Commission also put forward a number of recommendations combat the issue.
ACC Commissioner Dr Mozammel Haque Khan handed over a report, prepared by an ACC institutional team, on corruption and irregularities in Biman and Caab to State Minister for Civil Aviation and Tourism M Mahbub Ali at his office in Dhaka on Sunday.
The ACC team identified corruption and irregularities in eight areas of the national flag carrier, including aircraft purchase and lease, maintenance, ticket sales, cargo export-import and catering.
The other 11 areas of corruption in Caab include maintenance, repair, purchase, property management, construction, development work, appointment of consultants, recruitment of staff, promotions and transfers, lease of airport spaces, and stalls and billboard fare.
The ACC has formed 25 institutional teams to identify reasons of corruption and harassment in as many organisations and place suggestions to end the menace.
Speaking on the occasion, the state minister warned of tough action against corruption.
“None will be spared, who are engaging in corruption and neglecting their duties will face stern consequences,” he said.
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- `There is a chance to joint invest in Bangladesh`
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- Sachin picks Shakib in his World Cup XI
- Zimbabwe inflation rate soars to 175%
- Train crash kills 9 with new weds
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- HC recommends punishment against 50 including Masud
- Zuma denies being `king of corrupt people`
- Nusrat murder: HC orders probe against ADM Enamul
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Fired DIG Mizan questioning at prison gate
- Primary students dropout rate decreased
- Jaffer, Ramanayeke as Tigers batting, bowling coach in SL tour
- Will be apologising to Williamson `For the rest of my life`
- Eid-ul-Azha advanced train ticket from Jul 29
- Partial lunar eclipse Wednesday
- New wave of cybercrime in Pakistan
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Non-government employees, slum dwellers to get flat: PM
- Temperature may rise over country
- PM opens 7 housing uplift schemes
- South Korean PM Lee leaves Dhaka
- Shah Rukh Khan to produce horror series for Netflix
- Russia`s Real Reasons for Partnering with Iran
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Ershad’s 2nd namaz-e-janaza held
- Pickup van hits covered van in Gazipur, kills 3
- Over 1,000 Google Play Store apps hiding a nasty secret
- Queen salutes England after World Cup glory
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- MP Firoz Rashid’s daughter-in-law Merina shot
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Saima rape, murder: Prime accused confesses to crime
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- China assures to work to resolve Rohingya crisis: PM
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- CU gets its first woman proctor
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped