19 accused among 51 held in Dinajpur, Habiganj
Published: 12:42 PM, 23 April 2018
At least 51 people, including five drug traders and 19 wanted accused, were arrested from different areas of Dinajpur and Habiganj districts.
In Dinajpur, police, in special drives arrested 28 persons including three drug traders from different areas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 8 am on Monday morning.
Law enforcers also recovered 116 bottles of Phensidyl during the drives.
During the drives, Dinajpur Sadar police arrested eight persons including three drug traders from Mission Road area in the town around 7 am, Birganj Thana police arrested three persons, Khansama Thana police arrested three persons, Ghoraghat Thana police arrested two persons, Parbatipur Thana police arrested two persons, Birampur Thana police arrested two persons, Kaharole Thana police arrested one person, Biral Thana police arrested two persons, Hakimpur Thana police arrested two persons and Chirirbandar Thana police arrested three persons.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons.
Meanwhile, members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in a drive detained two drug traders with 116 bottles of Phensidyl around 11 pm from Hili Railway Station in Hakimpur upazila of the district.
Later, the detainees were handed over to the Hakimpur Thana police, BGB said.
In Habiganj Police, in regular drives arrested 21 persons including 19 wanted accused from different areas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Nazim Uddin said, they were picked up from different areas of the district on different charges.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons, the sources added.
The arrestees were sent to jail.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today