19 accused among 51 held in Dinajpur, Habiganj
Published: 12:42 PM, 23 April 2018
At least 51 people, including five drug traders and 19 wanted accused, were arrested from different areas of Dinajpur and Habiganj districts.
In Dinajpur, police, in special drives arrested 28 persons including three drug traders from different areas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 8 am on Monday morning.
Law enforcers also recovered 116 bottles of Phensidyl during the drives.
During the drives, Dinajpur Sadar police arrested eight persons including three drug traders from Mission Road area in the town around 7 am, Birganj Thana police arrested three persons, Khansama Thana police arrested three persons, Ghoraghat Thana police arrested two persons, Parbatipur Thana police arrested two persons, Birampur Thana police arrested two persons, Kaharole Thana police arrested one person, Biral Thana police arrested two persons, Hakimpur Thana police arrested two persons and Chirirbandar Thana police arrested three persons.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons.
Meanwhile, members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in a drive detained two drug traders with 116 bottles of Phensidyl around 11 pm from Hili Railway Station in Hakimpur upazila of the district.
Later, the detainees were handed over to the Hakimpur Thana police, BGB said.
In Habiganj Police, in regular drives arrested 21 persons including 19 wanted accused from different areas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 9 am this morning.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Nazim Uddin said, they were picked up from different areas of the district on different charges.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons, the sources added.
The arrestees were sent to jail.
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Saroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- BNP candidate Siraj wins Bogura-6 by-polls
- Ebola death toll breaks 1,500 mark in DRC
- Liton sends Ikram back by direct hit
- Shakib gets 4, Afghanistan`s 5 down
- Shakib removes Gulbadin, Nabi in same over
- Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
- Mosaddek gets Hashmatullah 2 down for AFG
- AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
- Shakib strikes his first over
- Russell ruled out of World Cup with injury
- Mushfiqur, Shakib takes Bangladesh to 262
- Arrest warrant issued against Mila
- Shakib first Bangladeshi to 1000 WC runs
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia