16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
Published: 01:52 AM, 21 February 2019 Updated: 02:02 AM, 21 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
16 people were burnt in a plastic factory at Churihatta in capital’s Chawkbazar area. More than 50 injured people were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH). Besides, four seriously injured people were admitted to Salimullah Medical College Hospital. 32 fire service units are working to douse the fire.
The fire in the plastic factory in Churihatta of Chawkbazar has also spread to surrounding buildings. Locals said, already four or five buildings, situated beside the burnt building, also catches fire. There was even an explosion being blunt. The area is known as the Plastics Grain Market. “The fire that was broke out in a building is now in under control,” said reporter Sohail Rahman.
The fire broke out on Wednesday at 11:00 pm. Fire Service Control Room Officer Mahfiz Riben confirmed the matter.
Besides, a physician from the Emergency Department of Salimullah Medical College Hospital, Siddiqur Rahman said, “Four seriously injured were admitted here. They are-- Abdul Mannan (60), Helal Uddin (18), Shahid (37) and Ehsan (60). The condition of the two is critical.”
The injured said that they were burnt when the old building collapsed on them.
Meanwhile, more than 26 injured people have been admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital, sources said.
Reporter Jahangir Babu from the spot, said that the burnt and seriously injured people-- 28 percent body burnt to Anwar, 55, 12 percent burn to Khadija, 6, 13 percent burnt to Mahmudul, 52, 18 percent burnt to Jakir, 50, 14 percent burnt to Seli,45, 51 percent burnt to Rafiqul, 21, 35 percent burnt to Jakir, 35, 16 percent burnt to Helal, 18, 30 percent burnt to Mozaffar, 32, and 6 percent burnt to Rahim, 12.
Lalbagh’s former MP Harun-or-Rashid's uncle Haji Abdul Wahed, owner of the chemical godown building.
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Pickup claims 3 worker lives
- Renu lynching: Prime accused arrested
- Chelsea beat Barcelona in Japan friendly
- Hajj Health Tips
- DU students protest continues for 3rd Day
- Airbus’ new concept: ‘Bird of prey’ plane
- Ill race of making bridges
- S Korea’s warning shot at Russ army jet
- Malinga set to retire after 1st Bangladesh ODI
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- How to get HSC result
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Humanity for animal !