16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
Published: 01:52 AM, 21 February 2019 Updated: 02:02 AM, 21 February 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
16 people were burnt in a plastic factory at Churihatta in capital’s Chawkbazar area. More than 50 injured people were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH). Besides, four seriously injured people were admitted to Salimullah Medical College Hospital. 32 fire service units are working to douse the fire.
The fire in the plastic factory in Churihatta of Chawkbazar has also spread to surrounding buildings. Locals said, already four or five buildings, situated beside the burnt building, also catches fire. There was even an explosion being blunt. The area is known as the Plastics Grain Market. “The fire that was broke out in a building is now in under control,” said reporter Sohail Rahman.
The fire broke out on Wednesday at 11:00 pm. Fire Service Control Room Officer Mahfiz Riben confirmed the matter.
Besides, a physician from the Emergency Department of Salimullah Medical College Hospital, Siddiqur Rahman said, “Four seriously injured were admitted here. They are-- Abdul Mannan (60), Helal Uddin (18), Shahid (37) and Ehsan (60). The condition of the two is critical.”
The injured said that they were burnt when the old building collapsed on them.
Meanwhile, more than 26 injured people have been admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital, sources said.
Reporter Jahangir Babu from the spot, said that the burnt and seriously injured people-- 28 percent body burnt to Anwar, 55, 12 percent burn to Khadija, 6, 13 percent burnt to Mahmudul, 52, 18 percent burnt to Jakir, 50, 14 percent burnt to Seli,45, 51 percent burnt to Rafiqul, 21, 35 percent burnt to Jakir, 35, 16 percent burnt to Helal, 18, 30 percent burnt to Mozaffar, 32, and 6 percent burnt to Rahim, 12.
Lalbagh’s former MP Harun-or-Rashid's uncle Haji Abdul Wahed, owner of the chemical godown building.
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Russia eases citizenship rules in east Ukraine
- Govt mulling commission to identify Bangabandhu killers
- Sri Lanka admits `major` lapse over deadly Islamist blasts
- Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan reach semifinals
- Malaria situation improves in CHT
- PM alerted about terror activities
- 105 illegal structures demolished in N’ganj, Tongi
- Indian envoy calls on President
- PM consoles Zayan’s family
- Zayan laid to rest
- Brexit or no Brexit, UK with Bangladesh: Sir Simon
- BNP mourns Zayan’s killing in Sri Lanka bombings
- DU-affiliated 7 college students withdraw blockade
- Zayan’s namaz-e-janaza held
- Happy Birthday Sachin Tendulkar!
- Mannan for tapping huge potentials of blue economy
- UFO sightings have reached an all-time high
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- Procession, meeting banned at IU
- Company tempted farmers for tobacco cultivation!
- Google gets FAA OK for drone deliveries
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- PM at Banani to see Zayan’s body
- OC’s cellphones seized over Nusrat killing case
- ‘We stand beside Mila’
- Fire at Kutupalong Rohingya camp
- Edu minister for upsurge education budget
- Harvesting Irri-boro paddy begins in Rajshahi
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- All News »
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- Journalist Zafar Wazed new PIB DG
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- PM returns home tomorrow
- Sudan`s Bashir moved to prison as protesters rally
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- Nusrat murder: Moni put on 5-day remand