16 Bangladeshi hajj pilgrims died in Saudi
Published: 09:52 PM, 26 July 2019 Updated: 10:51 PM, 26 July 2019
A total of 16 Bangladeshi hajj pilgrims have died of various reasons in Saudi Arabia as of Thursday, news UNB.
Of them, 14 were males and two females, according to a bulletin of the Bangladesh Haj Management Portal under the Religious Affairs Ministry.
It said 13 hajj pilgrims died in Makkah while two in Medina and one in Jeddah.
The latest recorded death was of Fayez Ullah, 65, hailing from Cumilla district. He died in Makkah on Thursday.
According to the bulletin, a total of 85,811 Bangladeshi pilgrims have reached Saudi Arabia till Thursday to perform hajj.
Of them, 81,207 went to Saudi Arabia under private management while 4,604 under government arrangement.
- ‘Pak PM expressed concern over possible nuclear war with India
- Annie Silverstein’s ‘Bull’ wins top prize at Deauville
- Tigers lost to Afghans again!
- Rohingyas demand citizenship to return home
- Pak singer Robi jailed over comment ‘Narendra Modi must go to hell’
- Rule enacted for officials’ presence in PM’s state tours
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- White House: A monstrous residence
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Hasina-Modi talks in Delhi Oct 5
- Tigers again in Afghan trouble
- Govt targets $50 bn in textile export
- Viqarunnisa gets new principal
- FM wants to keep trust in India
- Tigers lose 4 early targeting 165
- Plus-size beauty activist, Youtuber Nabela Noor in Dhaka
- Shinning days back in-house cow farm
- Injection to increase fairness!
- Airstrike kills 52 Taliban in Afghanistan
- Tips to have long-dense beard
- Saifuddin-Shakib turned 4 Afghans
- Joy-Lekhak pledge restore BCL status
- Time limit for Ins companies declared again
- Benefits of reciting Holy Qur’an
- Rituparna in Dhaka to make ‘Jam’!
- Police must try to gain trust of masses: PM
- DMP boss’ utmost importance on service for mass people
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Cumilla road crash
- HC directs hiring drivers on monthly salary basis
- Power outage at secretariat
- All News »
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Sundarbans; a serene beauty
- `No alternative to capacity building to tackle cyber attack`
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Ancient Greek: Origin of Culture and Civilization
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Importance of ‘Fasting on Ashura’
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Gazipur hotel blast, probe committee formed
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Man accused in 6 cases killed in M’singh gunfight
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS