15 lives claimed on Dhaka-Sylhet Highway
Published: 10:54 AM, 6 March 2020 Updated: 02:03 PM, 6 March 2020
Accident-ridden microbus in Habiganj
At least 15 people were killed and the other six were critically injured in two separate road accidents of Sylhet bound microbuses on Dhaka-Sylhet highway this morning.
At least nine passengers of a microbus were killed and the other four were critically injured when the microbus carrying them bumped a roadside tree at Nabiganj in Habiganj following a bus-microbus collision at Bijayanagar in Brahmanbaria killing six people early this morning.
The incident took place on Friday morning at Tanvirgaon of the upazila. Sherpur Highway Police OC Ershadul Haque Bhuiyan confirmed the incident.
He said the microbus was going from Narayanganj to Sylhet. When the microbus arrived at Tanvirgaon at around 7.30 am, the driver lost control and the vehicle hit the tree. Eight people were killed on the spot. Four more were injured.
The OC also said that the injured were taken to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital. Their identity was not immediately known.
Earlier, six people were reportedly killed and the other four were critically injured in a bus and microbus collision at Bijayanagar in Brahmanbaria.
The accident took place at Bhati Kalisima area on Dhaka-Sylhet highway at around 3:30 am early Friday.
The deceased were identified as Sohan, Sagar, Rifat, and Emon, and the names of the other two were not known yet.
The injured were Shahin, Bijay, Abir and Jisan. They were rescued and sent to Dhaka for better treatment after the District Sadar Hospital.
Khatihata Highway Police Station OC Mainul Islam told that 10 people were traveling from Narayanganj to Sylhet to visit Shahjalal shrine. On the way, the microbus collided with a Dhaka bound Limon transport bus from the Sunamganj at Rampura area on the Dhaka-Sylhet highway. Six microbus passengers were killed on the spot. Upon receiving the news, four injured were rescued and rushed to the District Sadar Hospital. And later, they were referred to Dhaka for batter treatment.
- Libya killings: Case filed against 38 people
- Biden accuses Trump of trafficking in ‘resentment and fear’
- DU goes for online classes
- 2 girls commit suicide after failing in SSC exam
- Fierce protests in US: 3 protesters killed, 5 policemen shot
- 30 more test COVID-19 positive in Faridpur
- 3 of a family killed in Sirajganj road crash
- 9 including two nurses contract COVID-19 in Shariatpur
- Another policeman dies from coronavirus
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Illegal structures on govt canal
- SP greet 10 policemen after overcoming COVID-19 in Cumilla
- Bangladesh reports 1st Rohingya death in COVID-19 infection
- 3 incl lawyer, policeman die in Ctg
- PCR lab set up in Sheikh Fazilatunnessa hospital
- 90s popular musician Biplob now a taxi driver
- Abdul Halim named BSEC commissioner
- Fire at United Hospital: HC seeks report by Jun 14
- House owner fined as Aedes larvae found in building under-const
- 10 more UP chairmen-members suspended
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000