Aug 17 blasts
15 JMB men get life imprisonment in K’chhari
Published: 09:31 PM, 23 April 2018
A tribunal here on Monday sentenced 15 members of banned Islamist outfit Jama’atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) to life imprisonment in a case filed over the series bomb blasts of 2005.
The court also fined them Tk 20,000 each, in default, to suffer six months more in rigorous imprisonment.
The convicts are Ariful Islam of Dinajpur, Shahidul Islam and Ismail Hossain of Bagerhat, Ruhul Amin, Belal Miah, Ruhul Amin Sufi and Manju Miah of Khagrachhari, Karim Ali of Chapainawabganj, Ershad of Rangpur, Hasan Al Mahmud of Barishal, Asaduzzaman of Jhenidah, Emdadul Haq and Faruk Hossain of Pirojpur, Enayetullah of Gopalganj and Abujar alias Ayub Ali of Chattogram.
According to the prosecution, three people sustained injuries as a number of bombs exploded in front of Khagrachhari Additional District Magistrate Courtroom, Judge Court area and Mukta Mancha on the Shapla Chattar premises on August 17, 2005, as part of JMB’s series bomb blasts in 63 districts of the country.
Police submitted charge-sheet against them on October 3, 2005.
After examining the records and witnesses, Special Tribunal Judge Ratneshwar Bhattacharya handed down the verdict.
- UNO appears with foods after tokai’s phone
- Hanging body recovered of a boy in Habiganj
- Maleque for action against shut clinics
- Comedian Eddie Large dies after contracting COVID-19
- Bangladesh will be Asia’s highest economic growth nation: ADB
- Adequate foodstuffs reserved in the country: Quader
- Alamgir’s 70th birthday today
- Rakib’s horrific deposition of killing wife-children like Hindi drama
- Cricketer Salma distributes food of whole week to 60 families
- Woman gives birth newborn in ‘autorickshaw’
- Little Messi’s amazing video
- Magura patient dies in isolation
- US nurses protest over corona protective scarcity
- BCB announces monetary support for employees
- DMP spraying germicide to curb coronavirus
- 1 killed as truck overturned into ditch
- China to ban eating cats and dogs
- Corona test begins in Barishal tomorrow
- Coronavirus could be under control by late April
- Coronavirus: 150 bodies recovered from streets in Ecuador
- Five new signs of coronavirus infection found!
- Rain likely at many places
- No new death from coronavirus: Health Minister
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Over 1 million people infected with coronavirus
- National Film Day today
- Ireland works on preparing graves in advance
- US Captain who raised alarm over coronavirus removed
- Body found in roadside ditch in Noakhali
- Coronavirus claims 950 lives in Spain 24 hrs
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 5 killed, 11 injured as truck falls into ditch in Tangail
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million