14 firms to get ‘President’s Award for Industrial Development’
Published: 11:45 AM, 29 June 2019 Updated: 03:05 PM, 29 June 2019
President M Abdul Hamid will give ‘President Industrial Development Award’ to 14 organizations in six categories on Saturday to recognize the contributions of the country’s industrial sector, create jobs and create creativity.
President Abdul Hamid will award these organizations at Hotel Intercontinental at 4:00 pm on Saturday.
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun, State Minister for Industry Kamal Ahmed Majumder will be present.
Earlier, the Ministry of Industries published a list of nominees for ‘President Industrial Development Award 2017’ on May 28. The award is given every year as per ‘President Industrial Development Award Instructions 2013’. Trophy or crest and honors are given as awards.
The organizations nominated for the award are:
In Major Industry category — Square Pharmaceuticals for first prize, Envoy Textiles of Mymensingh for second prize, and Olympic Industries for third prize.
In Medium Industry category — Green Textiles for first prize, D & S Pretty Fashions Ltd for second prize, and GME Agro for third prize.
In Small Industry category — Oeko-Tex of Gazipur’s Kashimpur for first prize, APS Apparels for second prize, and BSP Food Products of Chattogram for third prize.
And Smart Leather Products of Dhaka’s Mohammadpur has been nominated in Micro Industry category.
Besides, CORR The Jute Works has been nominated for first in Cottage Industry category, Protibeshi Proshikkhon Kendro of Mirpur and Kutir Shilpo Unnayan for second. In Hightech Industry category- Service Engine for first, Nascenia of Lalmatia has been nominated for the second prize for the President’s Industrial Development Award.
President. Abdul Hamid will hand over the awards to industrial entrepreneurs. The award will be given in six categories of major, medium, small, micro, cottage, and high tech industries.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future