12 killed in Costa Rica plane crash
Published: 04:00 PM, 1 January 2018 Updated: 11:16 AM, 2 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
12 people including 10 US citizens were killed in a plane crash in the forest hill near the coastal area of Costa Rica.
The country`s government said on Sunday that two other local pilots were killed in the incident.
The accident occurred near the town of Punta Islita, a beach town in Guanacaste province which is about 230 kilometers west from Costa Rica`s capital San Jose.
Director of the Civil Aviation Agency of Costa Rica Enio Kubilo said that the local company Nature Air Cesena 208B Grand Caravan plane crashed shortly after the flight.
The agency officials said they could not ascertain the cause of the accident until they received the full report.
Kubilo said that the aircraft was allowed to fly one month before its safety passed.
On the morning of the incident, pilots were forced to change the itinerary because of the strong winds, but safely reached Punta Isla from San Jose. The plane was supposed to return to the capital with passengers from the beach.
Earlier, another aircraft from Nature Air reached San Jose safely at 11.40 am with 10 passengers from Punta Isla. After 20 minutes, the accident took place with 10 passengers and two pilots.
In a statement, Costa Rica`s security minister, Gustavo Mata, said no ascetic survived. He said autopsy would be needed to determine the identity of the dead and their total number as the body was severely burned.
In a tweet former President of Costa Rica Laura Chinchilla said that his cousin (one of two pilots) was killed in the accident.
US foreign ministry official said several US citizens were killed in that plane crash.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves