11 packets’ yaba found inside stomach of dead body
Published: 02:29 PM, 27 April 2019 Updated: 02:49 PM, 27 April 2019
A total of 11 packets of yaba tablets were found inside the stomach of the body of a man after his sudden death at Kamalapur area in the capital.
Forensic personnel of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) found the packets inside the body on Saturday morning while performing an autopsy.
Police said that the deceased was identified as Md Julhas, 35, son of Akkas Ali of Bhabanipur village of Kendua Upazila of Netrakona.
Each of the packets is containing some 20-25 pieces of yaba tablets, said Dr Sohel Mahmud, Associate Professor of Forensic Department of DMCH.
Omar Faruk, officer-in-charge (OC) of Motijheel Police Station, said that Julhas was found lying unconscious in front of Motijheel’s Biswas Tower around 5:30 am on Friday. Locals with the help of police admitted him at Mugda General Hospital, where he died around 11:00 am.
Later, his body was later sent to DMCH morgue for autopsy.
Doctors found 11 packets of yaba tablets inside the stomach of the body while conducting the autopsy today.
- Domestic flights in 3 routes resume today
- Two rickshaw puller brothers passed SSC exam
- Submerged paddy fields in Jamalpur
- ‘Covidiot’ Oxford dictionary’s new word
- Coronavirus claims nearly 400,000 lives around the globe
- Sweden passport ranked most powerful in world
- ASP of Police Academy tests COVID-19 positive
- Jordan reopens mosques, churches for prayer
- Italy’s Tower of Pisa reopens after 3 months
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- US registered 960 new COVID-19 deaths in 1 day
- PM announces waving Tk 2000cr bank interest of COVID-hit people
- 21 more tested positive for coronavirus in Sunamganj
- 197 Bangladeshis died of coronavirus in Saudi Arabia
- Chattogram reports 118 new coronavirus cases
- Turkey’s domestic flights resume today
- Coronavirus cases surpass 6 million
- 10 killed as minibus hits roadside bomb in Somalia
- Elderly woman dies of COVID-19 in Chattogram
- Girls ahead in GPA-5, boys in pass rate
- La Liga clubs to resume full training from Monday
- 8 launches fined for taking extra passengers
- Poverty couldn`t stop Asmani
- Two more labs to detect coronavirus in Capital
- Girl commits suicide after failing in SSC exam
- 19 militants killed in military drive in Egypt
- Another 167 UK nationals leave Sylhet
- Lalmonirhat reports nine new coronavirus cases
- BNP does not think of toiling masses: Hasan Mahmud
- Amirul who took part SSC exam after burying father got GPA-5
- All News »
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- One dies, nine more test positive for coronavirus in Bhola
- Former AL MP Moqbul dies of coronavirus
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr today