11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
Published: 03:13 PM, 25 March 2020
At least 11 worshippers were killed and many others injured as unidentified gunmen and suicide bombers stormed a Sikh religious complex in the Afghan capital Kabul on Wednesday.
According to the local media report, the gunmen attacked the gurdwara in Shor Bazar area at about 7:45 am (local time) as 150 worshippers were inside the complex.
“At least 11 people have been killed and 11 others wounded in the attack at Dharamshala, a Sikh worship area in PD1 of Kabul,” Tolo News quoted a security source as saying.
“Three attackers are still fighting with security forces and one has been shot. Foreign troops have also responded to the attack on Dharamshala, a Sikh temple in PD1,” it said in a tweet.
Kabul police said that at least 11 children have been rescued from the gurudwara.
Narindra Singh Khalsa, a parliamentarian from the minority Sikh community, told reporters close to the scene that up to 150 people were praying inside the gurudwara when it came under attack.
“Afghan forces have cleared the first floor of a Sikh worship area in PD1 of Kabul, where suicide bombers are battling security forces,” Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian was quoted as saying in the report.
“A number of people have been rescued who were trapped inside the building,” he said.
The Taliban has denied involvement in the attack.
Taliban spokesperson Zabiullah Mujahid said in a statement that the militant group had no link with the attack in Shor Bazar area of Kabul, Khama News agency reported.
- Former SCC mayor Kamran tests positive for COVID-19
- Natore reports three new COVID-19 patients
- Dr. Nahid brought to Suhrawardy Hospital
- 29 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Fiji declares itself Coronavirus-free
- Foreign currency reserve, annual remittances hit record highs
- Qatar completes third World Cup stadium
- Coronavirus is ‘weakening’, now claims US doctors
- Govt to recruit 3,000 medical technologists-technicians
- COVID-19 cases reached 1281 in Cumilla
- Youths in country mostly infected with coronavirus
- Electrician dies falling from under-construction building
- 123 officials get promoted as joint secretaries
- Don Dawood Ibrahim and his wife infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Cox’s Bazar declared as country’s first ‘red zone’
- Bank official among 3 of a family hacked in Pabna, bodies found 3 days later
- ‘Environment care would have made easier to combat virus’
- Shechwashebak League leader killed in Bogura
- Gazipur coronavirus cases surpass 1,500
- New routine for secondary classes on TV released
- Four families placed under lockdown in Brahmanbaria
- 3 killed, 7 injured in knife attack at China supermarket
- Tea seller anxious despite his son gets GPA-5
- Consumers suffering in ‘spooky electricity bills’
- India breaks all records of COVID-19 cases in a day
- Sherpur reports six new coronavirus infected cases
- Schoolboy`s body found in pond
- Charging extra fare is breach of promise: Quader
- 5 day labourers missing as boat capsize in Padma
- Coronavirus death toll exceeds 800 in country
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register