11 including women, children burnt in N’ganj gas stove explosion...

Dhaka, Tuesday   18 May 2021

11 including women, children burnt in N’ganj gas stove explosion

 Narayanganj Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 09:34 AM, 23 April 2021   Updated: 09:07 PM, 23 April 2021

Inside of the third floor wrecked in the gas stove explosion at a three-storey building in Fatullah, Narayanganj on Friday morning

Inside of the third floor wrecked in the gas stove explosion at a three-storey building in Fatullah, Narayanganj on Friday morning

Eleven people, including women and children, were burnt in a gas stove explosion at a house in Fatullah, Narayanganj.

Five of the burn victims have been sent to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery adjacent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital in the capital. The other six were treated at a local hospital. 

The accident took place on Friday morning at a tenant’s flat on the third floor of a three-storey house of local Mofizul Islam, located at the south side of Model Garments in Talla area of Fatullah police station in Sadar upazila.

Upon receiving the news, three units of the fire service went to the spot and brought the fire under control and rescued the burn victims and sent them to the hospital.

Inside of the third floor wrecked in the gas stove explosion at a three-storey building in Fatullah, Narayanganj on Friday morning

Abdullah Al Arefin, deputy director of the Narayanganj Fire Service and Civil Defense, said several families of garment workers lived on the third floor of the house. “At night, a family member fell asleep without turning off the stove burner. The gas comes out of the stove and spreads to other rooms including the kitchen.” 

“The gas stove exploded when a fire was lit in the stove for cooking in the morning,” he told reporters, informing that “six women and four men, including a three-month-old baby, were burnt”.  

Five of them, including the child, were rushed to Dhaka Medical College in critical condition and six others were taken to Sadar General Hospital for treatment, added Narayanganj Fire Service’s Abdullah Al Arefin.

DailyBangladesh/AS/SA