11 areas of graft in civil aviation
Published: 07:26 PM, 3 March 2019
After a long inquiry, the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has unearthed 11 areas of graft in the civil aviation department.
ACC Commissioner Dr Md Mozammel Haque Khan handed over the inquiry and observational report to State Minister for Civil Aviation and Tourism Md Mahbub Ali at his secretariat office on Sunday.
State minister Mahbub Ali greeted ACC for its outstanding work in finding out 11 areas of corruption and also preparing 11 recommendations to effectively fight the menace, saying, “We will take necessary measures in light of the report. No corrupt elements will be spared.”
The areas of corruption in civil aviation are: purchase, property management, construction and development works, appointment of consultation, renting out of space, stall and billboard of airports, repair and maintenance.
In the report, ACC also mentioned eight areas of corruption in Biman and put forwarded eight specific recommendations to stop its graft.
After handing over the report to the authorities concerned, ACC commissioner Dr Mozammel Haque Khan said, “There is no alternative to stop corruption for continuation of the development and prosperity and collective efforts are needed to stop corruption.”
The commission has already submitted such reports to different ministries such as health, education and others and some of them have already started implementing recommendations prepared by the ACC, he also said.
ACC has earlier formed 25 institutional teams for finding sources of corruption in graft-prone organizations considering the public perception. The teams have also been entrusted with finding the way out to stop corruption.
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects