1063 coronavirus patients return home after recovery in country
Published: 02:44 PM, 3 May 2020 Updated: 09:25 PM, 3 May 2020
A total of 1,063 people have recovered from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) so far in the country since the first positive cases were detected on March 8.
DGHS Additional Director General (administration) Prof Nasima Sultana came up with the disclosure joining the daily health bulletin of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) through online on Sunday.
Among the recovered patients, 624 are in Dhaka city and 439 outside the capital city, the health official said.
She said that 896 patients were cured in Dhaka division, while 72 in Chattogram division, 31 in Mymensingh division, six in Khulna division, 29 in Barishal division, 25 in Rangpur division, two in Sylhet division and two in Rajshahi division.
Meanwhile, two more people have died from the virus in the last 24 hours, raising the death toll from the pandemic to 177 in the country. Besides, 665 others have been diagnosed with the lethal virus in the country during the time, the highest in a single day. With this, the total number of positive cases climbed to 9,455.
A total of 665 fresh cases were detected after testing 5,368 samples in several coronavirus testing laboratories including Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control And Research (IEDCR) across the country over the last 24 hours, Prof Nasima said, adding that as many as 81,434 samples have so far tested.
This is the biggest single-day spike in new cases since the first COVID-19 cases were detected in the country on March 8.
The first coronavirus death was reported in the country on March 18, ten days after detection of the first COVID-19 cases.
The coronavirus, that first reported in China late last year, is now affecting 212 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances. As of Sunday afternoon, a total of 3,497,006 people have been diagnosed with the virus worldwide, as the death toll rises to 244,874 while 1,126,227 patients have recovered, according to worldometers data.
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated across country
- Imam dies while offering Eid prayers
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- President offers Eid prayers at Bangabhaban
- PM greets FFs with gifts on Eid
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- Stay home and stay safe: Tamim
- IGP offers Eid prayers at central police mosque
- Google Doodle celebrates Kazi Nazrul Islam’s birthday
- DNCC mayor exchanges Eid greetings with doctors, nurses
- Stand by the helpless on Eid: Information Minister
- Rain likely on Eid day
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- India resumed domestic flights after two months
- Main congregation of Eid-ul-Fitr held at Baitul Mukarram
- Eid prayers performed in compliance with health rules
- 3 killed in two private cars collision in capital
- A different Eid being celebrated all over the country
- This coronavirus period will end one day: IGP
- Kazi Nazrul Islam’s 121st birth anniv today
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr today
- Former AL MP Moqbul dies of coronavirus
- PM urges all to celebrate Eid staying home
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- ‘Comments over relief misappropriation is heinous mentality’
- Cumilla sees record COVID-19 cases in a day
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow
- Kazi Nazrul Islam’s 121st birth anniversary tomorrow
- 21 incl mother-daughter infected with coronavirus in Faridpur
- Gazipur reports 27 new COVID-19 cases
- All News »
- Tisha’s warning amid Apurba-Nazia split out; Why?
- Finally Apurba himself unveils the mystery
- Nazia urges all not to blame Apurba over divorce
- Apurba -Tisha: A diverse romantic story
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- New record of deaths and cases in 24hrs
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- Watch the track of very severe cyclonic storm ‘Amphan’
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Nawazuddin’s wife Aalia sends legal notice seeking divorce
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- ‘Amphan’ may cross Khulna-Chattogram coast
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued