10 directives for Awami League’s National council
Published: 07:28 PM, 22 June 2019 Updated: 07:30 PM, 22 June 2019
Bangladesh Awami League’s 20th National Council to reach its three years full tenure in October this year. If everything is okay, the party president Sheikh Hasina has the mandate to hold the conference in that month. And the party has given 10 directions be councilor in 21st council. These instructions will be sent to the grassroots immediately after the next Eid-ul-Azha, said Awami League leaders.
Awami League Joint General Secretary Abdur Rahman said “Awami League's tested and self-denying leaders will be elected the next councilor. The president of the party, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina gave instructions in this regard too. There will be no opportunists, those who come from other parties, will not be allowed to join the Awami League made by Bangabandhu. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has expressed her stance against those who have broken the party's discipline.”
According to the instructions of party chief, the opportunists, BNP-Jamaat, accused, drug dealers will not be allowed to be the member of Awami League.
Awami League leaders say that according to this directive, it has been asked to elect councilors to complete the district and metropolitan committees before the next conference.
The ten directives to make councilor are:
1. Union or Upazila Representative of any other group including The BNP and Jamaat is not allowed to be councilor.
2. No person accused of the case can be councilor.
3. People accused in charge of extremism, fundamentalism cannot be councilor.
4. The accused of sexual harassment, harassment of women and children, or accused in any case, cannot be councilor.
5. The councilor must be a member of Awami League since 2008 or earlier.
6. Those who have opposed boat symbols and boats during the election or who were independent candidates, will not be included in the council.
7. No person expelled from Awami League in any reason will be councilor.
8. Any person involved in drug trade or its affiliates or involved in criminal activity cannot be a councilor according to the party's direction.
9. MP or minister's PS or APS employees cannot be councilors.
10. District and metropolitan leaders’ personal employees cannot be councilors.
The members of the executive council will be able to elect councilor. It has been asked to end all the councils between the periods after the Eid-ul-Fitr to September.
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- We must capitalise on Smith absence: Root
- Modi complains to Boris over occupied Kashmir
- Abahani beat April 25 SC 4-3
- Russell surprised to see so many journalists!
- Two kid drowns in Jashore
- Bangladesh among top 10 fastest growing freelance market
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 yrs
- GP appoints Jens Becker as new CFO
- Tricks to avoid snatch your bags
- Fourth JS session to begin Sept 8
- Mamata Banerjee makes tea
- Record fires in Brazilian rainforest
- Johnson, Merkel to face off in first Brexit talks
- JS resumes Sept 8
- Myanmar army clashes with rebels leave 30 dead
- 21st Aug attacks by BNP: PM
- One more dies of dengue at DMCH
- Homemade delicious `Fish Meatball`
- Forgiveness: Virtue of prophet character
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future