Probe body formed
1 suspended over Kanchan with gun in Shahjalal
Published: 07:16 PM, 6 March 2019 Updated: 08:06 PM, 6 March 2019
Security at Dhaka airport has been confronted with fresh questions after a bag containing a revolver went undetected during luggage scanning on Tuesday.A security worker His name is Fazlar Rahman has been temporarily suspended for not being caught the pistol and bullets in the scanner when Ilias Kanchon passed the security check at the internal terminal at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
On Wednesday afternoon, the civil aviation authority (discreet) said that the Fazlar is a security guard. A three-member committee has been formed to investigate the incident. Next steps will be taken in light of recommendations of the committee.
The breach was “unintentionally” made by former film star and now a champion of road safety issues Ilias Kanchan, within two weeks of a hijack attempt.
On Wednesday, talking to The correspondent, Kanchan said he was flying from Dhaka to Chattogram last evening. He passed the heavy luggage scanner undetected.
“I realized I had a gun in my laptop bag at the body checking point. I surrendered it following due procedures before flight,” he said.
Kanchan had a licensed 9mm pistol with nine live rounds. He produced legal documents of possession and received back the firearm at Chattogram.
“I forgot about my pistol. When I came to the body checking point, I remembered about it and informed the authorities about it myself,” he said.
Beni Madhab, deputy director at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, told that, the gun on Kanchan was “detected at the second checkpoint.”
A top official of aviation security at the airport told the correspondent a three-member probe body has been formed to investigate how a gun bypassed security.
Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) sources have confirmed that a staff of the airport has been suspended for negligence over the issue.
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects