Heavy gridlock on Airport road
1 killed, 200 injured in Tabligh Jamaat’s factional clash
Published: 03:01 PM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 05:56 PM, 1 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
One person was killed in a clash between two groups of Tabligh Jamaat at Ijtema ground in Tongi, Gazipur. More than 200 people were injured.
The clash between the two parties of Tabligh Jamaat started on Saturday morning.
The deceased was identified as Ismail Mondol (70). He is the son of Khalil Mondal of Milkipara of Munshiganj.
At least 25 people that were injured in the clashes that were reported to admit in Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Meanwhile, the vehicular movement on the western side of the busy Airport Road remained halted from Airport Crossing to Abdullahpur since Saturday morning following a clash between two factions of Tabligh Jamaat.
Top leader of Tabligh Jamaat Maulana Saad Kandhalv’s supporters and their rivals locked into a clash at Airport Intersection around 8:00 am, said Traffic Inspector Asad of Abdullahpur Zone.
Following it, a chase and counter chase took place between the two groups creating panic among the city dwellers as well as creating a heavy gridlock from Mahakhali intersection to Uttara.
For the last couple of days, the anti-Saad group have taken position on the Ijtema Maidan in Tongi, said the traffic inspector adding that the clash ensued on Saturday morning when the followers of Maulana Saad tried to enter the ground.
The conflict between the two factions continued from the last session of Biswa Ijtema, Tabligh Jamaat’s annual event and the largest Muslim congregation after the hajj.
The groups locked into another clash over the conflict at Dhaka’s Kakrail Mosque, the headquarters of the religious group’s Bangladesh chapter, in April last.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves