1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
Published: 01:47 PM, 27 June 2019 Updated: 01:50 PM, 27 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Police have arrested a youth for killing Rifat Sharif, who was hacked to death in front of Barguna Government College for protesting against harassing his wife.
The youth named Chandan was arrested on Wednesday night.
Barguna Superintendent of Police Maruf Hossain confirmed the matter and said the police drive continues to arrest those involved in the incident. “No one will be exempted.”
The deceased Rifat Sharif, a resident of Bara Lobongola village under Burichar 6no union of Barguna Sadar upazila. His father’s name is Abdul Halim Dulal Sharif.
Earlier on Wednesday around 10:30 am, Shah Neyaz Rifat Sharif was hacked to death by 4-5 terrorists in front of wife at Barguna Government College area in the presence of hundreds of people. Despite repeated attempts to save her husband from the terrorists, wife Ayesha Siddika Minny failed.
Later, Rifat was admitted to Barguna General Hospital in critical condition. The doctors sent him to Barishal Medical College Hospital due to excessive bleeding. Rifat died around 4:00 pm under treatment.
The whole incident was under police CCTV cameras. The two youths that were seen in the video of Rifat’s assassination- one is Nayan Bond and another Rifat Farazi, according to witnesses.
They are involved in hijacking and drug abuse and other misdeeds. They were arrested several times for these incidents.
“Two months ago, Rifat married Minny, daughter of Kishore of Police Line area. Claiming his former wife, a youth named Nayan of West College Road started teasing and posted offensive images on Facebook. For this, enmity was created between Rifat and Nayan. Due to this, Nayan, Rifat Farazi, Rishan Farazi, and Rabbi Akon hacked Rifat by machete,” said Rifat’s father Dulal Sharif.
In the incident, Rifat’s father filed a murder case against 12 people on Wednesday night. Chandan, the fourth accused in the case. However, when and where Chandan was arrested, police did not agree to provide any information for the investigation.
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- We must capitalise on Smith absence: Root
- Modi complains to Boris over occupied Kashmir
- Abahani beat April 25 SC 4-3
- Russell surprised to see so many journalists!
- Two kid drowns in Jashore
- Bangladesh among top 10 fastest growing freelance market
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 yrs
- GP appoints Jens Becker as new CFO
- Tricks to avoid snatch your bags
- Fourth JS session to begin Sept 8
- Mamata Banerjee makes tea
- Record fires in Brazilian rainforest
- Johnson, Merkel to face off in first Brexit talks
- JS resumes Sept 8
- Myanmar army clashes with rebels leave 30 dead
- 21st Aug attacks by BNP: PM
- One more dies of dengue at DMCH
- Homemade delicious `Fish Meatball`
- Forgiveness: Virtue of prophet character
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future