'My three options were Madrid, Madrid or Madrid'
Published: 09:38 PM, 7 January 2019 Updated: 09:49 PM, 7 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Real Madrid have a new signing, having bought Brahim Diaz from Manchester City, and he was presented at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on Monday.
The 19-year-old expressed his excitement at the opportunity to join the capital city club and claimed they were the only team he considered.
"This is the most important day in my life as I arrive at a club I've dreamt about since I was a child," he said as he gave a speech.
"There is no better Kings' Day present.
"When I decided to leave Manchester City I contemplated three options.
"The first was to play at Real Madrid, the second was the play at Real Madrid and the third was to play at Real Madrid.
"I didn't want to go anywhere else.
"He went on to speak of the responsibility he feels and the gratitude he has for those who made the move possible.
"I understand the responsibility that there is to give my soul for this club," he said.
"That's a non-negotiable thing.
"I want to express thanks for the confidence placed in me and thank my family for the efforts they've made during my personal and footballing development.
"Many thanks to all, and Hala Madrid!"
The winger signs on a six-and-a-half-year deal and will wear the No.21 shirt.
- Chemical of old Dhaka is now residential area
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Panchbibi
- 15 Day training for upazila info service officers begins
- Step against entrants with arms in airport
- CSK to field first aginst RCB
- Two students killed in road crashes in Munshiganj, Gazipur
- Bangladesh Archery team to fly to Bangkok Sunday
- Quader talks to physician
- 3 brands to spend 250 crores on Aamir
- Many `march for love` in New Zealand as mosques reopen
- Rowshan deputy opposition in JS
- 19 drug dealers’ surrender in Feni
- Kamal visits Mosharraf Rubel
- 8 Indian nationals extradited
- Schoolboy killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in C’nawabganj
- Jet Airways hangs flight to Dhaka
- Modi greets Imran Khan on Pakistan National Day
- Taskin chooses World Cup over his prolonged career
- Minister for Human rights violation free Bangladesh
- One killed in Gazipur road crash
- Rohingyas’ involve spreading crime
- Messi ruled out of Argentina`s next match with groin injury
- Case filed over killing of Bilaichhari upazila AL president
- IS ‘caliphate’ totally eliminated
- Water crisis in health complex
- Bipasha Hayat with family on birthday
- Finance Minister visit ailing Quader
- Quader’s condition improves, sleeping pills reduced
- Sheikh Hasina nominated lifetime DUCSU member
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Tigers left New Zealand
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- Hard-hitter Sabbir gets hitched
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed