'My three options were Madrid, Madrid or Madrid'
Published: 09:38 PM, 7 January 2019 Updated: 09:49 PM, 7 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Real Madrid have a new signing, having bought Brahim Diaz from Manchester City, and he was presented at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on Monday.
The 19-year-old expressed his excitement at the opportunity to join the capital city club and claimed they were the only team he considered.
"This is the most important day in my life as I arrive at a club I've dreamt about since I was a child," he said as he gave a speech.
"There is no better Kings' Day present.
"When I decided to leave Manchester City I contemplated three options.
"The first was to play at Real Madrid, the second was the play at Real Madrid and the third was to play at Real Madrid.
"I didn't want to go anywhere else.
"He went on to speak of the responsibility he feels and the gratitude he has for those who made the move possible.
"I understand the responsibility that there is to give my soul for this club," he said.
"That's a non-negotiable thing.
"I want to express thanks for the confidence placed in me and thank my family for the efforts they've made during my personal and footballing development.
"Many thanks to all, and Hala Madrid!"
The winger signs on a six-and-a-half-year deal and will wear the No.21 shirt.
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- Indonesia ferry sinking leaves at least 15 dead
- Appeal hearing of war criminal Azhar starts
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor