'Avengers' director says Evans' Cap days may not be over
Published: 11:13 AM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 11:13 AM, 30 November 2018
Chris Evans suggested his run as Captain America is done. The filmmakers currently controlling the Avengers' fates say he shouldn't shelve the shield just yet.
Evans tweeted last month that he had wrapped his shooting on the fourth "Avengers" movie, calling it an "emotional" day and saying, "Playing this role over the last eight years has been an honor."
Joseph Russo, who along with brother Anthony wrote and directed this year's "Avengers: Infinity War" and next year's sequel, and directed Evans as Captain America in two previous films, told The Associated Press "I think it was more emotional for him than us. Only because he's not done yet. And I don't want explain what that means but the audience will soon understand what I'm talking about."
Russo spoke to the AP recently in an interview promoting Simone, his new restaurant in downtown Los Angeles.
As expected, he only teased details of the forthcoming film, saying audiences can expect the unexpected from the duo that left Marvel fans gasping earlier this year in a cliffhanger that saw several beloved Avengers disintegrate into oblivion.
"We killed half the Marvel universe so for us it really is about, in what ways can we surprise the audience and tell a very challenging story," Russo said.
He would confirm that at least at this point the movie, which is in post-production, is the longest Marvel film ever.
"We're about halfway through the editorial process and it's standing about three hours right now. It's a very complicated movie," noted Russo. "It has a lot of characters in it and you know we are putting in the work, so we'll see where it ends up, but it definitely has a lot of story in it."
After back-to-back years with Avengers movies in 2018 and 2019, Russo said there is likely to be a break before the next one, with Disney finalizing a deal to acquire parts of 20th Century Fox, whose properties include the Marvel Comics characters the X-Men and Deadpool.
Russo said he doesn't have direct knowledge of the plans of the masters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but my guess would be that there be a little bit of time to integrate some of the other characters and take their time doing that."
"Avengers 4" is scheduled for release May 3, 2019.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Marcelo lost his place due to bad display against Barca
- Reza directs CDA to gear up projects to improve services
- US Treasury Sec Mnuchin calls China trade talks `productive`
- Spanish PM calls snap polls after budget defeat
- PM leaves for Abu Dhabi tonight
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- `Acquire knowledge on literature`
- CTTC arrested two JMB men
- BCC receives two int’l awards
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Surplus potato will be exported: Tipu
- Heroic Perera ton helps Sri Lanka to thrilling victory
- `Runa Laila` with new song
- Bus-autorickshaw clash kills 3 in Sylhet
- Diet drinks increase stroke risk
- DMP chief alert police against injustice
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- All 49 reserved seats elected uncontested
- ‘Shahidullah Kaiser’ recall
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- One held over Lalmonirhat gang rape
- Farmers` profit in mustard
- Are Carbs good or bad?
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Hasan inducted `Bangladesh Film Festival` in Calcutta
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Al Mahmud’s namaz-e-janaza held at Baitul Mukarram
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Pakistan backs group behind suicide bomb: Iran
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’