“PM to hold dialogues again with political parties”
Published: 08:28 PM, 13 January 2019 Updated: 08:28 PM, 13 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Awami League (AL) General Secretary Obaidul Quader said Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hold dialogues with 75 political parties again.
He said, “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had invited all the political parties, including BNP, Jatiya Oikyafront and Jukto Front, for dialogue before the last polls…she will invite them again for exchanging views with them. The dialogues will be held at Ganabhaban.”
Obaidul Quader told reporters at AL’s Bangabandhu Avenue central office.
Earlier, Sheikh Hasina held dialogues with the leaders of political parties before the 11th parliamentary elections.
Later, Quader spoke at a joint-meeting with the party leaders and lawmakers of city and its adjacent districts.
Speaking at the meeting, he said, “Our party president told us at the joint-meeting of AL executive committee and advisory council held yesterday that she would invite the political parties again to join dialogues and would exchange views with them. We also agreed in this regard”.
He said the parties, which were invited before the polls, will be invited for dialogues soon. “Every party will be invited with invitation cards,” he added.
The AL general secretary hoped that all the political parties, including BNP, would take part in the upcoming Upazila Parishad elections.
“Every party will have to take preparation for the Upazila Parishad polls from now…we hope all parties, including BNP-Jatiya Oikyafront will join the polls,” he said.
“We don’t think that our opposition party is weak. We feel happy to contest in any election.”
About Dr Kamal’s remarks on Jamaat, Quader said he (Dr Kamal) has realized his mistake. Now, he said, the nation will be happy if Dr Kamal confesses in this regard.
He said Awami League will hold a grand rally at Suhrawardy Udyan on January 19 to celebrate its landslide victory in the December 30 general elections.
Quader said, “We want to celebrate our victory and hope that there will be a huge gathering. I urge all of you to join the rally with banners and festoons. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will address the rally.”
AL Joint General Secretaries Mahbub-ul-Alam Hanif and Advocate Jahangir Kabir Nanak, its Organizing Secretaries AFM Bahauddin Nasim and Advocate Mesbha Uddin Siraj, AL Information and Research Secretary Advocate Afzal Hossain, Liberation War Affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Haque and State Minister for Shipping Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury were, among others, present at the meeting.
- Indian magician drowns attempting Houdini trick
- PM greets tigers
- ‘I am happy that we are still in World Cup’
- Brazil to face Venezuela early tomorrow
- Last phase voting in 20 UZs underway
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today