“PM to hold dialogues again with political parties”
Published: 08:28 PM, 13 January 2019 Updated: 08:28 PM, 13 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Awami League (AL) General Secretary Obaidul Quader said Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hold dialogues with 75 political parties again.
He said, “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had invited all the political parties, including BNP, Jatiya Oikyafront and Jukto Front, for dialogue before the last polls…she will invite them again for exchanging views with them. The dialogues will be held at Ganabhaban.”
Obaidul Quader told reporters at AL’s Bangabandhu Avenue central office.
Earlier, Sheikh Hasina held dialogues with the leaders of political parties before the 11th parliamentary elections.
Later, Quader spoke at a joint-meeting with the party leaders and lawmakers of city and its adjacent districts.
Speaking at the meeting, he said, “Our party president told us at the joint-meeting of AL executive committee and advisory council held yesterday that she would invite the political parties again to join dialogues and would exchange views with them. We also agreed in this regard”.
He said the parties, which were invited before the polls, will be invited for dialogues soon. “Every party will be invited with invitation cards,” he added.
The AL general secretary hoped that all the political parties, including BNP, would take part in the upcoming Upazila Parishad elections.
“Every party will have to take preparation for the Upazila Parishad polls from now…we hope all parties, including BNP-Jatiya Oikyafront will join the polls,” he said.
“We don’t think that our opposition party is weak. We feel happy to contest in any election.”
About Dr Kamal’s remarks on Jamaat, Quader said he (Dr Kamal) has realized his mistake. Now, he said, the nation will be happy if Dr Kamal confesses in this regard.
He said Awami League will hold a grand rally at Suhrawardy Udyan on January 19 to celebrate its landslide victory in the December 30 general elections.
Quader said, “We want to celebrate our victory and hope that there will be a huge gathering. I urge all of you to join the rally with banners and festoons. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will address the rally.”
AL Joint General Secretaries Mahbub-ul-Alam Hanif and Advocate Jahangir Kabir Nanak, its Organizing Secretaries AFM Bahauddin Nasim and Advocate Mesbha Uddin Siraj, AL Information and Research Secretary Advocate Afzal Hossain, Liberation War Affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Haque and State Minister for Shipping Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury were, among others, present at the meeting.
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- Al Shabaab raid kills 11 in Somalia
- BNP will face extinction like Jamaat: Hanif
- BKSP clicnh thrilling victory over Brother Union
- UK police arrested 104 yrs woman
- True-Meaning Wearable Displays
- SAU student killed; pushed off moving bus
- Butterfly numbers down: Study
- Nano-bot can probe inside human cells
- Chemical of old Dhaka is now residential area
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Panchbibi
- 15 Day training for upazila info service officers begins
- Step against entrants with arms in airport
- CSK to field first aginst RCB
- Two students killed in road crashes in Munshiganj, Gazipur
- Bangladesh Archery team to fly to Bangkok Sunday
- Quader talks to physician
- 3 brands to spend 250 crores on Aamir
- Many `march for love` in New Zealand as mosques reopen
- Rowshan deputy opposition in JS
- 19 drug dealers’ surrender in Feni
- Kamal visits Mosharraf Rubel
- 8 Indian nationals extradited
- Schoolboy killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in C’nawabganj
- Jet Airways hangs flight to Dhaka
- Modi greets Imran Khan on Pakistan National Day
- Taskin chooses World Cup over his prolonged career
- Minister for Human rights violation free Bangladesh
- One killed in Gazipur road crash
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Tigers left New Zealand
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- Hard-hitter Sabbir gets hitched
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed