“Complete road repair before rainy season”
Published: 05:59 PM, 14 January 2019 Updated: 05:59 PM, 14 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader has ordered to complete the repair and renovation work of road-highway before the rainy season by maintaining the quality work.
He directed this in a meeting at his Secretariat office on Monday with the head of the various departments, head of ongoing projects and Chief Zones of Roads and Highways (SAUJ) Department.
The meeting was held at the chairmanship of Raod Minister. During this time, he said, “The work of recovering the main road was started by evacuating the markets and shops located on the road-highway of the country. This work must be completed successfully.”
In the next phase, steps will be taken to remove illegal structures on the roads. Besides, he also issued a strict directive to the Roads and Highways Department to keep the highway rubbish free in the municipality area.
He also said that the communication system of the hill areas will be developed to make tourism suitable. The construction work, including replacement of Bailey bridges on each road, will be completed in due course.
“In view of this, the construction of the border road for the first time in the country has started,” Obaidul Quader said.
In this context, he said, expanding Cox’s Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive will be upgraded to thirty-two feet. In order to facilitate the tourists, the minister directed the people to take the initiative to launch a special bus service for the Marine Drive tourists as well as constructing a restroom at different points along the beach.
“Work on the Elenga-Rangpur National Highway to upgrade in four-lane at the cost of around Tk 12,000 crore under the second SASEK road connection project is going to start next month,” said the minister.
He said, “The work to upgrade the Joydebpur-Elenga highway four lanes project is already going on. The road will be opened for traffic movement in June after the construction work.”
Road Transport and Bridges Division Secretary Md Nazrul Islam, Chief Engineer of Roads and Highways Department Ibn Alam Hasan, BRTA Chairman Md. Moshiar Rahman, Chairman of BRTC Farid Ahmad Bhuiyan, Executive Director of DTC Khandakar Rakibur Rahman, Director of ongoing projects under the Ministry, Zone heads of the Directorate of Higher Department including senior officials of the ministry were also present.
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man killed in Paltan road crash
- Levitating objects with light
- Movement of Suprobhat, Jabal-e-Noor buses suspended
- 300 ‘Su-Probhat’ buses on road; appro70 only
- Cucsu polls to be held soon
- 2 buses collision kills 3 in Sirajganj
- 2 burnt in Ctg gas line explosion
- No exam till class-III
- 4yrs minor girl raped by ‘uncle’
- Biz ldrs oppose Govt’s gas price hike plan
- US-Bangla starts Chennai flights from March 31
- Ershad’s 90th Birthday celebrated
- 1,221 recommended for cadre posts
- Indian investors interested to energy sec
- HC bans making film, drama on Jaha Alam
- BIWTA thrashes 185 illegal structures
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Students call off movement till March 28
- India beat Bangladesh to raced into SAFF final
- Doctor jailed using own sperm fertilizing more than 50 women
- Farhad, Saif powers Doleshwar to easy victory
- Ducsu AGS with student movement
- Suprobhat Paribahan driver put on 7-day remand
- Ardern calls for global anti-racism fight
- Arrest warrant issued against Khaleda in another case
- Fake notes of Tk 8 lakh seized: 4 held
- Not full adults until 30s: Sci
- Super worm moon to rise tmrw
- 4 to die for killing sibling farmers in M’singh
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- BCB has no problem with Shakib`s IPL participation
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Dutch-Bangla service to be closed for 5 days
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand