“Complete road repair before rainy season”
Published: 05:59 PM, 14 January 2019 Updated: 05:59 PM, 14 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader has ordered to complete the repair and renovation work of road-highway before the rainy season by maintaining the quality work.
He directed this in a meeting at his Secretariat office on Monday with the head of the various departments, head of ongoing projects and Chief Zones of Roads and Highways (SAUJ) Department.
The meeting was held at the chairmanship of Raod Minister. During this time, he said, “The work of recovering the main road was started by evacuating the markets and shops located on the road-highway of the country. This work must be completed successfully.”
In the next phase, steps will be taken to remove illegal structures on the roads. Besides, he also issued a strict directive to the Roads and Highways Department to keep the highway rubbish free in the municipality area.
He also said that the communication system of the hill areas will be developed to make tourism suitable. The construction work, including replacement of Bailey bridges on each road, will be completed in due course.
“In view of this, the construction of the border road for the first time in the country has started,” Obaidul Quader said.
In this context, he said, expanding Cox’s Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive will be upgraded to thirty-two feet. In order to facilitate the tourists, the minister directed the people to take the initiative to launch a special bus service for the Marine Drive tourists as well as constructing a restroom at different points along the beach.
“Work on the Elenga-Rangpur National Highway to upgrade in four-lane at the cost of around Tk 12,000 crore under the second SASEK road connection project is going to start next month,” said the minister.
He said, “The work to upgrade the Joydebpur-Elenga highway four lanes project is already going on. The road will be opened for traffic movement in June after the construction work.”
Road Transport and Bridges Division Secretary Md Nazrul Islam, Chief Engineer of Roads and Highways Department Ibn Alam Hasan, BRTA Chairman Md. Moshiar Rahman, Chairman of BRTC Farid Ahmad Bhuiyan, Executive Director of DTC Khandakar Rakibur Rahman, Director of ongoing projects under the Ministry, Zone heads of the Directorate of Higher Department including senior officials of the ministry were also present.
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Bogura-6 by-election underway
- Death toll rises to 5 in Kulaura train crash
- Pirate leader killed in gunfight
- "Huge" blast rocks military hospital in Pakistan
- Tigers face Afghanistan today
- Train crash: 4-member probe committee formed
- Four killed in Kulaura train crash
- Pakistan condemn woeful South Africa to WC exit
- Arab ministers on financial support for Palestinian Authority
- 7 Common distractions of Khushoo faced in Salah
- President alert SSF for duty and behavior
- Six-day ‘Exercise Pacific Angel’ begins in Lalmonirhat
- Corruption case to be lodged in ACC office
- ‘Waterway re-dredging begins to expand marine transport’
- Bogura-6 by-polls Monday
- India’s temple tent collapses during worship, kills 14
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI