‘Kulkhani’ for Syed Ashraf today
Published: 10:14 AM, 8 January 2019 Updated: 12:16 PM, 8 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
A milad and doa mahfil for eternal peace of the departed soul of former public administration minister and Awami League general secretary Syed Ashraful Islam will be held on Tuesday.
The program will be held at his official residence on Bailey Road in the capital at 5:00 pm.
The information was confirmed in a press release signed by Awami League office secretary Abdus Sobhan Golap. Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader requested all to attend the milad and doa mahfil.
Syed Ashraf, son of the national leader and Bangabandhu’s close associate Syed Nazrul Islam, died of lung cancer at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand, around 9:45 pm on Thursday at the age of 67.
His body was brought back home on Saturday. A Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight carrying his body landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 6 pm. From the airport, the body was taken to his Bailey Road official residence and it was later kept at the CMH for Saturday night.
On Sunday, the first namaz-e-janaza of the veteran Awami League leader was held at the South Plaza of the Jaitya Sangsad. Later, the second and third namaz-e-janaza of his was held at Sholakia Eidgaon Maidan in Kishoreganj and Mymensingh respectively.
After the third namaz-e-janaza at Mymensingh Anjuman Eidgah ground, his body was brought back to Dhaka by helicopter. Then he buried at Banani graveyard.
The veteran Awami League leader was elected MP from Kishoreganj-1 constituency five times - 1996, 2001, 2008, 2014 and 2018.
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- ‘BD hosting 1.2 mn Rohingyas refugees from Myanmar’
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- England wins beating Windies
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry