Five matches to be held at the Rose Bowl
Published: 01:30 PM, 20 May 2019 Updated: 01:30 PM, 20 May 2019
The ICC World Cup 2019 kicks off on 30 May with the hosts England taking on South Africa at the Kennington Oval in London.
All the 10 teams in the competition - India, England, South Africa, West Indies, Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Australia and Bangladesh - will play against each other in the round-robin stage. The top four teams with qualify for the semi-finals. All the teams will be playing against each and every other team in the World Cup for the first time since 1992.
The World Cup will span 48 matches in all, of which 45 will make up the group stage. Each team will play nine group stage matches, and the top four will progress to the semifinals, similar to how the 1992 World Cup was held.
All of the matches will be held at 11 venues - 10 in England and one in Wales. Among the matches, five world cup matches and two World cup warm-up matches will be held at the Rose Bowl (cricket ground) Southampton, England.
The Rose Bowl
Also or formerly known as The Ageas Bowl, West End
Capacity: 6,500 (20,000 with temporary seating)
End names: Pavilion End, Northern End
Home teams: Hampshire, Hampshire 2nd XI.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 matches scheduled at this venue
• England vs Australia, 3rd Warm-up game, May 25, Saturday.
• Australia vs Sri Lanka, 7th Warm-up game, May 27, Monday.
• India vs South Africa, ICC Cricket World Cup Match 8, June 5, Wednesday.
• South Africa vs West Indies, ICC Cricket World Cup Match 15, June 10, Monday.
• England vs West Indies, ICC Cricket World Cup Match 19, June 14, Friday.
• Afghanistan vs India, ICC Cricket World Cup Match 28, June 22, Saturday.
• Afghanistan v Bangladesh, ICC Cricket World Cup Match 31, June 24, Monday.
- Five matches to be held at the Rose Bowl
- Results of 38th BCS written exam before Eid
- Govt employees salary-allowances May 28
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- War would mean ‘end’ of Iran: Trump
- Snatcher killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Today’s sports on TV
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- Simmons to step down as AFG coach after WC
- Exit polls says Modi could assume again as India PM
- Mobile banking transaction limit increased
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- PM host Iftar for freedom fighters and orphans
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- Pollard, Bravo named in Windies` CWC19 reserves
- Farmers face Tk 11,000 loss per Bigha!
- Security to be beefed up for Eid-ul Fitr: HM
- World Metrology Day tomorrow
- Setaria farming to increase fertility
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- How to pass 65 days?
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Second semifinal to be held at Edgbaston
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Quader returns home this evening
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Quader to join his office today
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg
- Tigers storm into final with emphatic win
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today